Cigar box Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
XX Case XX

Re: Cigar box Schrade

Post by XX Case XX »

gwelker62 wrote:There are quite a few of the 'real deal' Cigar Box edition on feebay right now. But most have an asking price of over a hunnurrd bucks.
I guess having the box adds significant value to that knife. That's over twice the price I paid just for the knife itself. :shock:

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Well that's about par. Having the original box n papers can double a knife's value IMO. Especially one like the Cigar Box editions.
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Don't forget about the 100 Anniversary series in blue rope jigged bone...they were going to be in cigar boxes as well
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

dweb1897 wrote:Don't forget about the 100 Anniversary series in blue rope jigged bone...they were going to be in cigar boxes as well
Did those actually make it to production? I know there are some finished and unfinished 100th Anv blue bone floating around w/o a box, but none in a box made it to market from what I hear. I have one of the unfinished blue bone EODs knife.
Attachments
IMAG0276.jpg
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

dweb1897 wrote:Don't forget about the 100 Anniversary series in blue rope jigged bone...they were going to be in cigar boxes as well
I have never seen one in a box. I remembered that I snatched this picture from the interweb somewhere a long time ago. I had to do some ferreting to find it in my photo files and I don't know who posted it. I can't find another, better picture of that flyer either. Getting one of those knives in the box would awesome!
Attachments
Blue Bone 100th Anniversary.jpg
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Not going to see them in the boxes, but Doug and some fellow in Marion, NC know a little more about that blue bone. 8)

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”