Schrade Walden stamp

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Rebstock

Schrade Walden stamp

Post by Rebstock »

I have two butter molasses Schrade Walden stockman knives, I know that stamp was from 1946-1973. One knife all 3 blades are stamped and other just one. Does anyone know the years Schrade Walden stamped all 3 blades? Thanks
kootenay joe

Re: Schrade Walden stamp

Post by kootenay joe »

Good question. Other than all blades marked is earlier than one blade marked, i cannot be more specific. There are Schrade collectors here who would know. Let's hope one of them will post.
kj
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

It's a bit of speculation to date the different walden stamps, but in general the early stamp on all three blades is roughly 1946 to the early 50's. If we're talking about the same one it should be stamped like this:

Schrade
Walden
NY

They also used this stamp on the main blade only, some with pattern numbers on the mark side and some without. I don't recall seeing all blades stamped with a pattern number but it could exist. The usa was added to the stamp later possibly early to mid 50's, but again that's a bit of speculation.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Rebstock

Post by Rebstock »

Yes the stamp is the same on all 3 blades. Their is no pattern number stamp as well, Thanks

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”