Something Special from Herman Williams

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
dweb1897

Something Special from Herman Williams

Post by dweb1897 »

Everyone is probably familiar with Schrade's 13 Colony clasp knife.....however, they evidently had something different in mind at one time.
275 CLASP 13 COLONIES-r.jpg
Herman had these two Imperial blades that had been etched with the 13 Colony design. He re-handled the top one in Ram's Horn for Tony (Schradenut) and the other in Red Buffalo Horn for myself.
IMPERIAL 13 COLONY KNIVES.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Something Special from Herman Williams

Post by Chase »

Gorgeous Doug!

You two sure have a great relationship with the "Legend" Herman Williams!

Great knives and beautiful work as we have all come to appreciate.

Tom
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Those are beautiful Doug! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Dale and Tom, thanks for the good words. You're right Tom, I consider myself very fortunate to have Herman as a friend. His knives make up a full third of my collection, but I reckon that's the least of what I've received from his friendship. His values, honesty, work ethic, knowledge of knives and the kindness he shows to everyone...that's the best part of knowing Herman.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”