Schrade Kious

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Kulrich

Schrade Kious

Post by Kulrich »

Here is a little gem I ran across while reorganizing. It is a Schrade Kious, Ladder Damascus with file worked backspring and blades. The standard version of 1000 produced has antique brown bone handles. This one is 1 of 100 (#3) and is antique green bone with antique style shield. These were made for NICA (National Independent Cutlery Assoc.) member retailers. I was a member at the time (made 2002). The neat thing for me is that I had some input in this knife, I suggested the green bone and the use of a shield. They came with an ostrich sheath. The NICA version came in a plain white box w/o any COA and a label on the box end.
Attachments
PB214327.JPG
PB214331.JPG
PB214332.JPG
PB214334.JPG
Freedom: You have the right to be you, I have the right to be free of you.
tongueriver

Re: Schrade Kious

Post by tongueriver »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

What a lovely piece! The file work is very attractive.

That is a knife to be right proud of Kulrich. Plus the fact that you had input... special for sure. ::tu::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Kulrich: I have the Schrade Kious. The thing is I thought it was the standard but it did come with your sheath. So I will have to double check. For reasons too complex to explain. It will take me a couple of days-at least-to dig it out.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”