Who do you recommend to repair an old Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
jxr1197
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Who do you recommend to repair an old Schrade

Post by jxr1197 »

I typically look for knives in really good condition but over the years I've wound up with a few basket cases that get tossed into a drawer and forgotten about. That was the case with this nice little 2203 that was sold cheap probably intended to be someone else's parts knife. I started thinking about it lately and now I want to see about getting it restored. Thing is, I've never done this before and I'm in need of a referral. Who do you all have confidence in for a job like this:
The bone scales and shield are perfect. The washington bolsters are a little scratched and dull. The blades are mostly there but with some pitting. The big issue is the broken spring. Whoever takes on this project would need to make a new spring for the main spear blade.

Thanks,
Jason

Some pics:
front.jpg
open.jpg
tang.jpg
spring.jpg
- Jason
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Who do you recommend to repair an old Schrade

Post by philco »

We are blessed here at AAPK with numerous skilled knife mechanics. I'll name those that come to mind with apologies to any I inadvertently omit.

Orvet
Muskrat Man
Glennbad
Elvis
goldpan
btrwtr

All are their user names here on AAPK.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
jxr1197
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jxr1197 »

I had a feeling I was asking the right crowd ::tu::

Thank You
- Jason
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

That's quite a scarce old schrade to come by, I hope you have good luck getting a new spring.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Hi Jason, I may have a spring for that knife, shoot me a message or reach me at ealbers@hvc.rr.com anytime.
Great knife!

Eric

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”