Schrade Fancy Gentleman's Pocket Knife ~ Very Cool ~

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Mountain Man Knives

Schrade Fancy Gentleman's Pocket Knife ~ Very Cool ~

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

Here is a nice looking Schrade for you all to take a look at, I thought it was a really neat one, just listed on ebay ~ I'm not purchasing it so it is up for grabs to those interested ~ it even has fancy liners and that nail file is something else ~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Sc ... SwjfNZm1Nu
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schrade Fancy Gentleman's Pocket Knife ~ Very Cool ~

Post by orvet »

According to the Schrade Walden catalogs I have that appears to be an 809M, called the “Esquire”.
The M stands for Marine Pearl, Schrade’s name for celluloid that looks like mother-of-pearl. It is interesting how deep the milling on the back of that knife is. It is much deeper than most of them I have seen. I have found these in the Schrade Walden catalogs from 1950 through 1958 but I haven’t seen in the after that. The deep milling on the back leads me to believe this was probably an earlier knife, closer to 1950 the 1958.

It looks legit to me, at least according to the description in the catalogs; I have never seen one in person. Nice find! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
dweb1897

Re: Schrade Fancy Gentleman's Pocket Knife ~ Very Cool ~

Post by dweb1897 »

The first knife in my Schrade collection was my Uncle Fred's 809M. I've added 2 more of them, all with different tang stamps. The top one is the only Schrade I've seen with jimping on the back springs. It appears to have been done by hand.
3 809M ESQUIRES-r.jpg
809M-2r.jpg
809M-3r.jpg
809M-4r.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”