Herman Williams Display

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
JAMESC41001

Herman Williams Display

Post by JAMESC41001 »

image.jpg
I picked up this SW tabletop display and realized I had a few of the knives that were shown on the tape. The knives I had to start filling it in were re-handled by Herman Williams. So it was an easy decision to begin trying to fill it in completely with Herman's handy work. Not exactly easy since Herman only likes to work with unused knives. Eventually I found them all but three of them are not customized but are linked to Herman. The 774, 242, and the knife on the far left with the tape missing,219 are all knives pictured in Jim Sargent's book and these were part of Herman's collection. The hardest knife to find was the 773 and I have not sent it to be done yet. Very happy I was able to put this together, getting a knife in the mail from Herman can Brighten up any day.
montemojo

Re: Herman Williams Display

Post by montemojo »

Thats a great display James, I have been thinking along the same lines. I have a counter top display from the Schrade U.S.A era. I have another pn the way but this pne is a floor model. So I've been thinking to fill the floor model with the regular Schrade knives and the counter top with HW knives. I cant believe that you have basically the same idea. Again thats just awesome thanks for posting it.

Monte
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Seems reasonable, I'll give you those asking prices.... ::tu::
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Beautiful set up there Jay!

Tom
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Fantastic display Jay, and a helluva collection too!!! ::tu:: ::tu::

Eric
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Great Picture of Old Timers. ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
JAMESC41001

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Thanks guys. Ya check out those prices! Pretty amazing. Times sure have changed. I had a chance to meet with Herman in person a few years back. I was taking my wife to reunite with some family not far from him in NC. I was rolling in late and he was leaving for Georgia the next day. It was a narrow window to chat over some coffee but I could not squeeze it in. I wish I could have I don't think I'll have a chance again really. His home and shop are in a beautiful part of the country. Right in the blue ridge mountains. Good news is I heard he just got a bunch more parts and supplies.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Oh. My. God! That is a display and collection to be envious of!

::drool:: ::drool:: ::drool::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”