Help please - what have I done?

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
kootenay joe

Re: Help please - what have I done?

Post by kootenay joe »

I think it is time for me to 'back track'.
Lacking the etch & the shield does not trouble me as i have seen examples like this from other SFO's involving an etch. Maybe part of the setting up procedure, to run a few to make sure everything working as it should ? Although i don't know if this is how it worked.
But having a different bolster from the 2002 DU knife, that is harder to account for.
Best would be to hear from someone who worked at Schrade as they likely could tell it's most probable origin.
Whatever the origin, it is a good looking knife that would be a pleasure to collect or to use.
kj
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

kootenay joe wrote: Whatever the origin, it is a good looking knife that would be a pleasure to collect or to use.
kj
That, we can most certainly agree on. I'll add em to my collection anytime I can find em at the right price.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

EOD = explosive ordinance disposal - BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE UXOs and call EOD! OH

Ps I wonder if Imperial-Schrade had a contract to build a certain number of DU knives in a given year (2002 in this case) and the overruns or extra knives could have been sold off without the engraving, etching, or shield? OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Very good Cal ::tu:: I almost LOL hanging Christmas lights this past Christmas :shock: Lloyd
Lloyd

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”