"Slenderino"

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
tongueriver

Re: "Slenderino"

Post by tongueriver »

Mustanger wrote:Heritage blades with H prefix numbers show up on a wide range of Schrade knives. 1997 maroon handled Heritage edition, orange 194OTO and others. It's not uncommon. Rule of thumb, if it has Schrade + on the tang stamp, it's a real Schrade.
Very true. And if it has SCHRADE WALDEN on the tang it could be ANYTHING. You better know what you are doing. I got burned on some Bear & Sons back in 08' before I knew, then, embarrassingly again a couple years ago when I bought a Chinese PH-1. I am marginally ashamed to say that the PH-1 gets everyday use in the kitchen. I also have or have had some Camilli branded as Schrades but I think that is fine.
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

When I first started collecting in 2006 I got burned on a "Schrade Walden" in a plastic tube. As soon as I got it in the mail, I knew I got burned, told the seller about the error in his description of the knife, sent it back and got a refund. I don't think he knew the difference. Then, in my ignorance, I bought a pretty bone handled knife, in a nostalgic box, of a pattern that Schrade never made and had to eat it on that one. I've been careful ever since. Now I only have to take a second look every once in a while to tell if it's a Taylor or not. They even copy horticulture and other surprising, more obscure old Schrades. I was a little stunned the other day when I was scrolling thru completed listings on ebay at how many people had payed big bucks for obvious Taylor copies. Really big bucks! As much or more than one would pay for a genuine Schrade Walden.

I outbid another AAPK member for that red bone H897 two or three years ago. It is so odd for a Schrade that it does deserve a discriminating second look. But to my knowledge, Schrade + is the one trademark that Taylor did not get their hands on.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Here's a pair of peachseed 895's. One for the collection, one to tote.
Attachments
image.jpeg
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
UnderDawgAl

Post by UnderDawgAl »

Please forgive the new guy for pushing this thread back to the top.

Do any of you know the actual blade length for the Turkish clip? I've been hankering for an 825/897UH/98OT/Craftsman 95068. I'm just curious of the blade dimensions. I haven't been able to find any specs online, except for the modern foreign-manufactured copy by Taylor, for which I've found 2-3/4 inches.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

UnderDawgAl wrote:Please forgive the new guy for pushing this thread back to the top.

Do any of you know the actual blade length for the Turkish clip? I've been hankering for an 825/897UH/98OT/Craftsman 95068. I'm just curious of the blade dimensions. I haven't been able to find any specs online, except for the modern foreign-manufactured copy by Taylor, for which I've found 2-3/4 inches.
I just happen to have a pre 2004 897UH in my pocket right now. :wink: And from tip to bolster is dead on 2 3/4".

edit: well, I put the dial calipers on it and it's more like 2.682". :)
UnderDawgAl

Post by UnderDawgAl »

gwelker62 wrote: I just happen to have a pre 2004 897UH in my pocket right now. :wink: And from tip to bolster is dead on 2 3/4".

edit: well, I put the dial calipers on it and it's more like 2.682". :)
Thanks! I appreciate it.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”