8OT/881/4" stockman pattern lists

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Mustanger

Re: 8OT/881/4" stockman pattern lists

Post by Mustanger »

Well, at this point, as I look over my previous posts, I'm just being redundant. :lol:
For what it's worth, I have your list saved to my favorites and have referred to it to answer questions I had a few times.
Thanks for creating and posting it! ::tu::
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Thanks for all this work! ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

I found another contract knife to consider for the list. It's a Shapleigh Diamond Edge circa 1940-1947. Unfortunately I can't find a Shapleigh pattern number for it but it's a Schrade 8814. Catalog E shows variations of celluloid in Green Pearl, Golden Pearl and Mottled Green. I don't know which color Schrade called it - I think it looks like something in the bile family.
closeda.jpg
tang.jpg
open.jpg
- Jason
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

jxr1197 wrote: I think it looks like something in the bile family.
:lol:
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

jxr1197 wrote:I found another contract knife to consider for the list. It's a Shapleigh Diamond Edge circa 1940-1947. Unfortunately I can't find a Shapleigh pattern number for it but it's a Schrade 8814. Catalog E shows variations of celluloid in Green Pearl, Golden Pearl and Mottled Green. I don't know which color Schrade called it - I think it looks like something in the bile family.

closeda.jpg
tang.jpg
open.jpg
It is a ugly color for sure!
Keep Near the Cross.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I think it possible that the celluloid has changed color; I have seen something like that color morph from an original yellow. I would keep it in quarantine.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

tongueriver wrote:I think it possible that the celluloid has changed color; I have seen something like that color morph from an original yellow. I would keep it in quarantine.
Good move cause you can never tell when they want to go bad.
Keep Near the Cross.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

deltaboy wrote:
tongueriver wrote:I think it possible that the celluloid has changed color; I have seen something like that color morph from an original yellow. I would keep it in quarantine.
Good move cause you can never tell when they want to go bad.
I think that is starting to outgas - it's already separated from the other knives ::tu::
There'll be a new set of acrylic handles in the near future..
- Jason
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

I would do the same thing! ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Another one for the list - I just picked up this Schrade 822. It's a 4" stockman with PROPWOOD handles! I love this knife. I understand Propwood evolved into Wondawood but they should have left well enough alone. This is MUCH nicer than the Wondawood knives I have. As for the details, NS bolsters and shield. Three line stamp on main blade: SCHRADE / WALDEN / NY USA. The reverse is stamped 822. It shows up in the '53 & '54 catalogs and is gone by the '57 catalog. There are no 55-56 catalogs online so who knows? Also 48-52 are not available but Propwood started being used in 1948 so there's a chance the 822 appeared prior to '53.
propwood.jpg
As a follow up to a post I made just a few above this one, I sent that gassing Diamond Edge (Schrade 8814) over to Kaleb (Muskrat Man) and this is what I got back 8)
8814.jpg
- Jason
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Propwood is nice stuff, I agree nicer than Wondawood.

Kaleb did a great job on the DE! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”