Your Favorite Sçhrade Knife or set (Holy Grail ?)

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Your Favorite Sçhrade Knife or set (Holy Grail ?)

Post by Chase »

Let's see some of your most favorite Sçhrade Knives or sets. Could even be your Sçhrade Holy Grail knife. I will start with my latest addition to my Sçhrade Family. These just flew in from Australia, Thank you Larry for assisting me in Re-Patriating these beauties back to the USA. They are the Factory Mint 2OT and 3OT from the Sçhrade Factory Collection. Story has it that Herman Williams owned these two beauties and he put them into displays and presented them to Albert and Henry Baer. They were added to the Factory Collection only to be sold off. I was very happy to find Larry owned these two beauties and was willing to help Re-Patriate them back to the good ole U.S.A.

Here they are!

Tom
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Your Favorite Sçhrade Knife or set (Holy Grail ?)

Post by Chase »

Here are a couple more that I have recently added to my Sçhrade Family!

Tom
Attachments
image.jpg
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Chase
You are lucky to have the 3OT.
They are like hens teeth.
It is one I am missing out of my collection. ( My Holy Grail )

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

You are absolutely right Grant, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me so I seized the opportunity. I have been doing this knife collecting for some time and other than some pictures, this is the first 3OT I have seen and actually held in my hand. She sure is a prized possession and she will stay with me until I pass on.

2015 has been a good year for my collecting, expensive, but a good year just the same!
Thank you

Tom
junebug

Post by junebug »

VERY COOL ,CHASE!!!
AWESOME PIECES!!! 8) 8)
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Thanks for showing those two, Tom; they are a good example of collectible knives that have it all. I mean they are not only rare, but very utilitarian and very beautiful. I might get around to showing some of mine someday, but I am no photographer so most of my pics are off a flat-bed scanner and not too purdy. I collect a few others but primarily I look for pre-1947 Schrade Cutco knives, especially cattle and stock knives. I have a few, but I need examples of a few dozen more to complete my set, and I won't get them all in my remaining lifetime. ::pray:: :lol:
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Here are my celluloid stockman and cattle knives. Sorry about the bad pic; I just don't have that skillpac. I used those tiny super magnets to stick the blades to a sheet of steel cut to fit that frame.
IMG_2264.JPG
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Very nice T-River!

I like that you used the Walden Display to house those beauties!

Tom
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Man, you aren't kidding about HOLY GRAIL - just beautiful (and rare)! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Hi Tom,
You have scored well there my friend. To get a 2 & 3 ot, in mint condition, is unheard of, and then you get the double in the Divers knives.
Larry must think a lot of you to part with the OT's. They are going to a good home, as i have seen quite a bit of your collection over the years, and it is awesome.
Is there anything that you don't have now, as you seem to have all the top sets.
Tony.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Thank you Tony! I do have quite a bit, however, I am not sure I have all there is to have or all that I want....lol

I just recently scored the two of the Lost Uncle Henry knives that I need to complete a good set of the three. I have the LB-4 and I am anxiously awaiting the newly acquired 707UH and the 892UH to put together my mint set in a good display. It's like being a kid again and waiting for Santa to show up....man the U.S. postal system moves slow....lol

Larry is a good man and I truly appreciate his passion for Sçhrade. I am very fortunate that he sees what I am doing and was willing to help me assemble a great collection!

Tom
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Them is nice knives you two posted don't think I ever seen the two straight knives before-the internet is awesome-----
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Here they are...The Schrade Trifecta....The Lost Uncle Henry's!

I am just sorry that I don't have better photo taking skills. I really need some training and it's high time to get it done...LOL

LB4, 892 UH and 707 UH.....these are beauties for sure!

Tom
Attachments
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Wow, this is a rare Schrade knife thread - I've never seen one of these knives except in a photograph. Nice Chase! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Producer

Post by Producer »

As a Schrade fan, all I can say is Fantastic.

This page/thread and you guys are what makes coming here a treat.
Thanks for posting.
Harold
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

An absolute Surprise!

This morning I was in my knife room looking for two particular knives that I wanted to get out to photograph and put into special displays. I started around 4:00 AM, couldn't sleep so I figured why not go to my happy place and dig around for those knives.

I found both knives I was looking for, an 8OT PROTOTYPE that never went into production, that was part of the Schrade Factory Collection. I am told that this is the only known Prototype for this 8OT. I will post pictures of it later. The second was a 897UH that was a prototype that never went into production. There are only two known and I have one and another gentleman has the second. I will post a picture of this as well later on.

The reason for my post is that I wanted to share a couple others that I came across that I didn't even know I had. MINT, from the factory 707UH and an 892UH. I had just bought both of those knives in the last month to complete my three missing Uncle Henry's and here I find them among my collection. I must have too many knives to have missed them.....did I say that out loud...oops...lol. The knife gods are shining down on me or perhaps it was my deceased Dad watching out for me. It has truly been a Phenominal year for my knife gathering!

Tom
campbellb

Post by campbellb »

Tom...can you estimate the value of each ? i have two of them and simply clueless on value...thanks mucho...blake
jxr1197
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jxr1197 »

My favorite set
missinguh.jpg
- Jason

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”