3OT Schrade Old Timer Salesman Sample with Sheepsfoot Blade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
upnorth

A couple more!

Post by upnorth »

I thought I'd add my pair in here. A 2202 Cut. Co., and a 2OT.
Attachments
2OTand2202onRed.jpg
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Today while looking for something else ( naturally ) I came across an old salvaged looseleaf from Schrade, it had several years of copies of old ads which had been saved . Here are two ads from 69 relating to the 2-OT and 8-OT which were sided in smooth bone as in some of the pictures posted here. The OT line began in 59 this issue was in 69 I believe this is the re release of the original versions which I believe to have been about 10 years earlier. I had guessed from memory that this was in the 70tys it was 69. Notice it came in a box which I had mentioned as the givaway of it being the later issue. Since I do not believe the early issues had a box. Now perhapes I am wrong ( it is quite possible) however it is my belief until corrected that the 2-OT and 8-OT. were the first issues and were in smooth bone in 59 when Schrade began to make this line. I thought you would enjoy the pics. LT
Attachments
MVC-024S.JPG
MVC-024S.JPG (52.28 KiB) Viewed 5568 times
MVC-023S.JPG
MVC-023S.JPG (47.02 KiB) Viewed 5568 times
MVC-022S.JPG
MVC-022S.JPG (46.63 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
MVC-021S.JPG
MVC-021S.JPG (57.45 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
MVC-020S.JPG
MVC-020S.JPG (40.18 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
MVC-019S.JPG
MVC-019S.JPG (45.43 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
MVC-018S.JPG
MVC-018S.JPG (65.13 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
MVC-017S.JPG
MVC-017S.JPG (65.45 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
LRV

Post by LRV »

LT,
You are correct.
The 2OT was in 59 the 8OT in 60 followed by the Ulster 58 later in 60 and then the Ulster 50 in 61. Good stuff.
TTYL
LArry
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 3OT Schrade Old Timer Salesman Sample with Sheepsfoot Blade

Post by orvet »

I was checking some old topics to see if the changes due to Photobucket’s new policy had adversely this great old thread. I was relieved to see the pictures still here!
After rereading this almost 11 year topic it dawned on me that we have a lot of new members who have joined AAPK in the last 10 years, since the last post to this topic in December 2006. There are probably some folks who have started collecting Schrade since 2006.
The original poster doesn’t hasn’t posted in a couple years, but Larry, ((LRV) & LT, (lt632ret) are still around. Larry runs the collectors-of-Schrade and collectors-of-Camillus websites. He does a great job! ::tu::
LT is involved in running the Wawarsing Knife Museum and I know he has a couple of other things going on also. ::tu::

There’s a lot of awesome information in this one topic and unless a person knows how to dig can use the search engine you probably won’t find it.
I hope y’all enjoy it. I definitely found it worth the reread!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Dale thanks for pulling this one back up to the top of the feed once again. I enjoyed reading this thread. It just so happens that I know someone who has one of the 3OTs mentioned. I knew they were rare but didn't realize they were quite as rare as stated here.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Just for information....the 3OT pictured is the knife that now resides in my collection and I also have the 2OT also. These two knives came out of the Schrade Factory Collection.

To clarify a little better, there were only 13 samples made of the 3OT and it did not gran any customer interest...hence it was never put into production. This is why you will not find it in any Schrade Price Lists or on a sell sheet.

To my knowledge, I own the only Mint 3 OT still in existence and I have only seen a picture of one other that was in terrible condition.

The Schrade Factory Collection 2 OT & 3 OT are cornerstones of my Schrade collection. The 2 OT was only produced as the Original Schrade in 1959 & 1960. I am not aware of any reproduction of them in 69 or 70, however, I am going to do some more research to try to validate.

Tom
FatCity67

Post by FatCity67 »

I remember reading about this issue coming on the other site because of LT's post on the 69/70 reissue. Don't believe there was ever a resolution or corroboration either.

As well one of those pics LT posted of the catalog sheets are copied on to The collectors site and labeled 1960. Per the UT BM notations in the upper right corner

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/ ... 60-2OT.htm

-Phil
"Maybe were all happy"
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Using my normal, highly developed method of finding rare knives (the pure, dumb luck method) I stumbled across this worn version of the Old Timer 3OT in a Gunshop this past week. For future reference here is a rare knife that made it into a real users pocket. OH
Attachments
31C76F01-1CB2-46E4-9643-5963E0DDE83F.jpeg
9CDF1624-232E-4AB2-A77F-37E392427828.jpeg
72F58F4C-DD12-4B14-A3D1-32839FA6E8B7.jpeg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Congrats OH, that one is a jewel. And that is some highly developed old dumb fool luck you have. A great knife and it is in your pocket!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Old Hunter wrote:Using my normal, highly developed method of finding rare knives (the pure, dumb luck method) I stumbled across this worn version of the Old Timer 3OT in a Gunshop this past week. For future reference here is a rare knife that made it into a real users pocket. OH
Does this look like a beautiful old Lambsfoot? Blade appears to have a taper. Whatever, is a Beautiful knife. Glad you are going to use it.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Thanks Doglegg and Cudgee, I’m happy to have stumbled across it as I have always liked old Schrade USA made pocketknives and have quite a few Old Timers and Uncle Henry’s. Now that you point it out, it does look like a Lambsfoot blade. Thanks to Jack Black and Charlie (Waynorth Cutlery) the Lambs-foot blade is all the rage among a group of collectors right now - this one will fit right in (a cross between Charlie’s Washington Jack and his new Lambs-foot). OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”