My latest Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Mustanger

Re: My latest Schrade

Post by Mustanger »

My two Ramrods purchased in the last couple of years. Cost includes postage.
Attachments
$30.55
$30.55
$44.53
$44.53
98OT Ramrod (3).jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The 98OT is such a good looking knife. Just about the perfect pocket knife.
My old memory needs a little help please. Is the C641 3rd Gen basically the same knife as the LB4 ? Can someone post a pic of the LB4 ?
thanks, kj
Attachments
Picture 007.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

Per your request. Not my knife.
Attachments
LB4--.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks. As i thought, same knife, different handles.
kj
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

You're welcome. Very nice stable of knives, btw. I don't think I've ever seen the one with the engraved bolsters before. What's the story with that one?
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I don't know why one has the scroll worked bolsters. Part of a set ?
kj
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

kootenay joe wrote:I don't know why one has the scroll worked bolsters. Part of a set ?
kj
It looks like the same engraving as the schrade custom made series. I don't think that's what it is though, the custom made series had SCM on the tang and either 5 (for lb5) and 7 (for lb7) to my memory those were the only two models in that series. They also had fully engraved sheaths. Very, very beautiful knives.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Couple of new-to-me Schrades...
a Cigar Box Trapper.... and a MA6 fish filleting knife (Mighty Angler 6-1/2" blade).
Attachments
IMG_0471XBig AK Rainbow.JPG
IMG_0472XBig AK Rainbow.JPG
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

CheckSix wrote:Couple of new-to-me Schrades...
a Cigar Box Trapper.... and a MA6 fish filleting knife.
Not that it matters much, but I believe your trapper is an un-finished Old Timer Classics or Tennessee River Trapper because of the jigging pattern. Very nice knife!
CheckSix

Post by CheckSix »

Mustanger wrote: Not that it matters much, but I believe your trapper is an un-finished Old Timer Classics or Tennessee River Trapper because of the jigging pattern. Very nice knife!
Thanks for pointing that out! I looked up photos of each and I believe you are correct! it is an unfinished TRT. The TRT photos have the same exact jigged bone. The other models don't.

It is very well made, beautiful actually.
Dave - the new guy. :lol:
NRA Life/Endowment
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

The jigging varies some on both the OTC and TRT. Colors too. So I couldn't say for sure which one yours is. Here are a couple of examples that look like yours.
Attachments
tOld Timer Classic (4).jpg
TRT96 (16).jpg
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

I posted this in general mail call but wanted to post it here also.
In 1986 Herman Williams made sixty 858OT's with 5 blades for the Catawba Valley Knife Club. About a year and a half ago I saw a picture of one of these 858OT's and have wanted one ever since. This one is fresh out of Herman's shop. When he made the club's knives, he had all of Schrade's resources available. On this one he had to re-krink and fit the blades, along with the back springs, liners etc. by hand. He started with a 858OT that I sent him, re-profiled 2 additional 858OT secondary blades and went from there. Across the Torched Sambar Stag handles it is 1-1/8" wide
858OT with SAMBAR STAG Customized by Herman Williams-r (1).jpg
858OT with SAMBAR STAG Customized by Herman Williams-r (2).jpg
858OT with SAMBAR STAG Customized by Herman Williams-r (3).jpg
858OT with SAMBAR STAG Customized by Herman Williams-r (4).jpg
858OT with SAMBAR STAG Customized by Herman Williams-r (5).jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Very stunning and exemplary knife Doug.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

That is quite the knife, Doug- a tribute to Herman and to you. ::tu::
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Thanks Cal and KnifeSlinger for the good words..on the pile side of the clip blade Herman put my own serial # so this will someday go to a friend or family member.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

My latest Schrades...
schrades.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

CheckSix wrote:Couple of new-to-me Schrades...
a Cigar Box Trapper.... and a MA6 fish filleting knife (Mighty Angler 6-1/2" blade).
Some discussion about your nice trapper, but also wish to acknowledge your nice filet knife. ::tu:: They came in two sizes. I would choose one of their fixed blades for cleaning fish because of the mess factor, but the folding filet knives are very cool collectibles. Anybody here collect Schrades?
MA 5&6001.jpg
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Finally completed the set
BLUE ROPE JIG BONE ANNIV. SET-r.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

An exceptionally beautiful set. Congrats! ::tu::
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

tongueriver wrote:Anybody here collect Schrades?
Collect what? ::shrug::
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

dweb1897 wrote:Finally completed the set

Hi Doug,
I love the Blue Bone, did you have the Blue Rope-cut Bone handles fitted to them.
And what is the two smaller knives in your set. Ken
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
A.A.P.N. # 5197: Member of Australian & U.S Blade Forums...KEN -
I collect Schrade knives - made in the U.S.A.- I like the 8OT
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

dweb1897 wrote:
tongueriver wrote:Anybody here collect Schrades?
Collect what? ::shrug::
If there is Anybody here collecting Schrades, they do not use these Knife Forums anymore.
::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug::

Doug,
It is disappointing, Schrade's Blue Rope-cut Bone knives were never finished, in 2004.
To date I have only ever seen "One fully finished set of Schrade's ACB knives - with Blue Bone and etched blade".
Ken.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

koldgold wrote:
dweb1897 wrote:Finally completed the set

Hi Doug,
I love the Blue Bone, did you have the Blue Rope-cut Bone handles fitted to them.
And what is the two smaller knives in your set. Ken
Ken,
I bought the ACB296 trapper and the ACB80 stockman on Ebay, they are both "un-finished" 100 year anniversary knives. Sometime back there were sets of the Rope Jigged Blue Bone scales, liners and bolsters for the ACB25, the folding hunter, for sale on Ebay. I notified Herman, who bought them, sanded the jigging down a little and then re-jigged them. There were either 10 or 12 sets and he put them on both the 25OT and the 125OT. I got one of each and later bought a third as a present for my daughter. Not long ago I found 5 more sets of the blue bone for sale...which I bought. I sent them to Herman, claiming 2 sets for myself. I had seen an "un-finished" ACB72 but never a ACB25 so I saw this as an opportunity to complete my "un-finished" set of anniversary knives. He put them on a 25OT and a 72OT . One detail I missed was the lined bolster on the front of the 72OT which will be corrected. When I sent Herman the bone, I included my trapper and stockman so that he could put the serial number 0048, his Schrade salesman's sample #, on all 4 knives.
ACB25 Handles.jpg
25OT with re-jigged Rope Jigged Blue Bone
25OT RE-JIGGED  BLUE BONE-r.jpg
125OT with re-jigged Rope Jigged Blue Bone
HW 125OT LTD RE-JIGGED BLUE BONE HANDLES (11).jpg
Canal Street Cutlery made this Union Razor using the Rope Jigged Blue Bone that they acquired after the bankruptcy..who knows, they might have brought it with them.
UNION RAZOR by CANAL STREET CUTLERY in ROPE JIGGED BLUE BONE-r (1).jpg
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Hi Doug,
You are very fortunate to have Herman, to help you to put such a collection together.
This is two of my un-finished ACB knives, I was very lucky some years ago, to find a finished ACB8o.
Ken.
Attachments
ACB.jpg
2004 Blue Bone Sample  SS 45  ACB 80.jpg
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

koldgold wrote:Hi Dug,
You are very fortunate to have Herman, to help you to put such a collection together.
Ken.
Ken,
I can't argue with that...knife collecting has introduced me to many fine people.
Now I don't know how you kangaroo heads spell Doug over on that side of the world, but over here it has a "o" in it.
Doug

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”