My latest Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Tsar Bomba

Re: My latest Schrade

Post by Tsar Bomba »

My latest Schrades...
schrades.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

CheckSix wrote:Couple of new-to-me Schrades...
a Cigar Box Trapper.... and a MA6 fish filleting knife (Mighty Angler 6-1/2" blade).
Some discussion about your nice trapper, but also wish to acknowledge your nice filet knife. ::tu:: They came in two sizes. I would choose one of their fixed blades for cleaning fish because of the mess factor, but the folding filet knives are very cool collectibles. Anybody here collect Schrades?
MA 5&6001.jpg
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Finally completed the set
BLUE ROPE JIG BONE ANNIV. SET-r.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

An exceptionally beautiful set. Congrats! ::tu::
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

tongueriver wrote:Anybody here collect Schrades?
Collect what? ::shrug::
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

dweb1897 wrote:Finally completed the set

Hi Doug,
I love the Blue Bone, did you have the Blue Rope-cut Bone handles fitted to them.
And what is the two smaller knives in your set. Ken
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
A.A.P.N. # 5197: Member of Australian & U.S Blade Forums...KEN -
I collect Schrade knives - made in the U.S.A.- I like the 8OT
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

dweb1897 wrote:
tongueriver wrote:Anybody here collect Schrades?
Collect what? ::shrug::
If there is Anybody here collecting Schrades, they do not use these Knife Forums anymore.
::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug::

Doug,
It is disappointing, Schrade's Blue Rope-cut Bone knives were never finished, in 2004.
To date I have only ever seen "One fully finished set of Schrade's ACB knives - with Blue Bone and etched blade".
Ken.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

koldgold wrote:
dweb1897 wrote:Finally completed the set

Hi Doug,
I love the Blue Bone, did you have the Blue Rope-cut Bone handles fitted to them.
And what is the two smaller knives in your set. Ken
Ken,
I bought the ACB296 trapper and the ACB80 stockman on Ebay, they are both "un-finished" 100 year anniversary knives. Sometime back there were sets of the Rope Jigged Blue Bone scales, liners and bolsters for the ACB25, the folding hunter, for sale on Ebay. I notified Herman, who bought them, sanded the jigging down a little and then re-jigged them. There were either 10 or 12 sets and he put them on both the 25OT and the 125OT. I got one of each and later bought a third as a present for my daughter. Not long ago I found 5 more sets of the blue bone for sale...which I bought. I sent them to Herman, claiming 2 sets for myself. I had seen an "un-finished" ACB72 but never a ACB25 so I saw this as an opportunity to complete my "un-finished" set of anniversary knives. He put them on a 25OT and a 72OT . One detail I missed was the lined bolster on the front of the 72OT which will be corrected. When I sent Herman the bone, I included my trapper and stockman so that he could put the serial number 0048, his Schrade salesman's sample #, on all 4 knives.
ACB25 Handles.jpg
25OT with re-jigged Rope Jigged Blue Bone
25OT RE-JIGGED  BLUE BONE-r.jpg
125OT with re-jigged Rope Jigged Blue Bone
HW 125OT LTD RE-JIGGED BLUE BONE HANDLES (11).jpg
Canal Street Cutlery made this Union Razor using the Rope Jigged Blue Bone that they acquired after the bankruptcy..who knows, they might have brought it with them.
UNION RAZOR by CANAL STREET CUTLERY in ROPE JIGGED BLUE BONE-r (1).jpg
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Hi Doug,
You are very fortunate to have Herman, to help you to put such a collection together.
This is two of my un-finished ACB knives, I was very lucky some years ago, to find a finished ACB8o.
Ken.
Attachments
ACB.jpg
2004 Blue Bone Sample  SS 45  ACB 80.jpg
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

koldgold wrote:Hi Dug,
You are very fortunate to have Herman, to help you to put such a collection together.
Ken.
Ken,
I can't argue with that...knife collecting has introduced me to many fine people.
Now I don't know how you kangaroo heads spell Doug over on that side of the world, but over here it has a "o" in it.
Doug
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Sorry I miss the "O" in your name. Ken ::dang::
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

steve99f wrote:A little searching the interwebs pretty much validates your memory tougueriver. Pre 1956, so somewhere between the end of the war and then. I assume these weren't made during the war but only a supposition.

Steve, my source, Official Scout Blades by Ed Holbrook shows that Schrade chow set was made from c. 1932-1953. Hope this helps.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

philco wrote:
steve99f wrote:A little searching the interwebs pretty much validates your memory tougueriver. Pre 1956, so somewhere between the end of the war and then. I assume these weren't made during the war but only a supposition.

Steve, my source, Official Scout Blades by Ed Holbrook shows that Schrade chow set was made from c. 1932-1953. Hope this helps.
What post is this referring to? :?
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Schrade made these Blue Bone knives, back in 2002-2003.
It looks like they too, were made in a limited number.
I have seen them on ebay, from time to time... Ken
Attachments
DSC06786.jpg
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

What post is this referring to? :?[/quote]
Cal, I think it is refering to wirejacks. Though I could be wrong

Monte
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Just cleaned up a 8OT I got off the Bay.
Keep Near the Cross.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

deltaboy, i notice that you have a fondness for the 8OT. It was Schrade's second biggest seller of all time. First is the 34OT. Have you tried out a Schrade USA 34OT ?
kj
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

kootenay joe wrote:deltaboy, i notice that you have a fondness for the 8OT. It was Schrade's second biggest seller of all time. First is the 34OT. Have you tried out a Schrade USA 34OT ?
kj

Why yes I have several of them I carry on Sunday. They are just wonderful. ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
truck

Post by truck »

Picked up this 897UH a few weeks ago. Stopped by an area pawn shop, and utilized my amazing powers of negotiation to convince them to knock a whole dollar off their $6 asking price. I love it when that happens. ::groove::
Attachments
IMG_1310.JPG
I may not change the world but I'm gonna leave a scar.
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

My new Craftsman 9470, (Ulster 98)
Attachments
98 Craftsman 9470.JPG
98 Craftsman 9470 (2).JPG
98 Craftsman 9470 (3).JPG
98 Craftsman 9470 (5).JPG
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Wow, that's in pristine condition!

Eric
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

I also picked up this Craftsman 9560 Electricians Knife at the same time as the Ulster 98. It's a Schrade Walden 204 or Schrade, Ny 204 if made between '73 and '75. Complete with belt clip. It's also spotless. I've been looking to unite my Craftsman 9561 with it's older brother. The 9560 showed up in 1966 and was make by Ulster. According to historian Michael Little, aka, Codger, at some point the 9560 became a Schrade Walden 204. They are essentially the same knife and Schrade Walden and Ulster were making knives in the same factory. I assume that it stayed that way until the 204 was discontinued in 1975. After that Imperial made the electricians knife for Sears and True Value (that I know of) with a different number. I'm thinking that the 9561 electricians knife, with the saw blade, came out around the same time (1967) as the Craftsman 9555 camp knife which has the same saw blade. That's my best guess and I'm open to correction. I do not know how long the 9561 was produced. My collection is starting to look like a Craftsman collection.
Attachments
204 Craftsman 9560.JPG
204 Craftsman 9560 (2).JPG
204 Craftsman 9560 (3).JPG
204 Craftsman 9561.JPG
204 Craftsman 9561 (2).JPG
Producer

Post by Producer »

Those are fantastic.
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Mustanger i very much enjoy reading the Craftsman information you post as well as the pictures. I find the pre WW II bone handled Sta-Sharp knives to be the most interesting & highest quality of all the Craftsman knives.
"Craftsman knives" is a surprisingly large number & variety of knives and by also collecting old Sears catalogs the dates can be proven. The 2 major suppliers were Camillus and then Schrade, Camillus having made the majority.
If enough other collectors are interested a separate "Craftsman" forum would be helpful as the information would be 'centralized'.
"Craftsman" knives comprise a huge body of knowledge.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

kootenay joe wrote:Mustanger i very much enjoy reading the Craftsman information you post as well as the pictures. I find the pre WW II bone handled Sta-Sharp knives to be the most interesting & highest quality of all the Craftsman knives.
"Craftsman knives" is a surprisingly large number & variety of knives and by also collecting old Sears catalogs the dates can be proven. The 2 major suppliers were Camillus and then Schrade, Camillus having made the majority.
If enough other collectors are interested a separate "Craftsman" forum would be helpful as the information would be 'centralized'.
"Craftsman" knives comprise a huge body of knowledge.
kj
Roland, some of those pre-war Craftsman knives were made by Ulster.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”