My latest Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
TPK

Re: My latest Schrade

Post by TPK »

peanut740 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:45 pm Top 2 are cuts,bottom 4 Waldens.
:shock: Beautiful! ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

peanut740 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:20 pm Schrade Cut pearl 4"stockman.
:shock: Wow! Another beautiful knife! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Some beautiful knives you have there, Roger! ::tu::

I just got this 34OT with a "NY USA" tang stamp in. There is a bit of a back story here. I firmly believe everyone should own a USA-made 34OT, and I gave my old NY USA 34OT to a guy who was getting into traditional knives. (He turned out to be a Trapper guy.) When the seller made me an offer on this one, I jumped. It's not perfect, and it could still use some cleaning. But after a quick cleaning and some fresh oil (which restored the snap), it'll work well for my purposes. It will soon be seen in the. "what are you carrying right now" thread.
NY 34OT Open.jpg
NY 34OT Mark Side.jpg
NY 34OT Pile Side.jpg
NY 34OT Tang Stamp.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:22 pm Some beautiful knives you have there, Roger! ::tu::

I just got this 34OT with a "NY USA" tang stamp in. There is a bit of a back story here. I firmly believe everyone should own a USA-made 34OT, and I gave my old NY USA 34OT to a guy who was getting into traditional knives. (He turned out to be a Trapper guy.) When the seller made me an offer on this one, I jumped. It's not perfect, and it could still use some cleaning. But after a quick cleaning and some fresh oil (which restored the snap), it'll work well for my purposes. It will soon be seen in the. "what are you carrying right now" thread.
She cleaned up well Dan. ::tu:: Got yourself a good one there.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:22 pm Some beautiful knives you have there, Roger! ::tu::

I agree great carry and carbon blade easy to keep sharp / perfect size for pocket / 3 blade versatility / made in USA ::tu::
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Thanks, Smitty and tnorton!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

I picked up this Schrade Old Timer small stockman still in the bubble pack recently. I'm interested in when it was made and hoping one of you Schrade guys can help. For reasons I can't put my finger on the packaging (which has no date info on it) makes me think early 2000s or maybe the 90s. I believe it's a 108OT Junior; 2-3/4″ but the tang stamp is directly under a bend or curve in the bubble so it is distorted to the view, especially if you have old eyes. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Bubble pack Schrade Sm Stockman .jpg
Bubble pack Schrade Sm Stockman II .jpg
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Sasquach wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:52 pm I picked up this Schrade Old Timer small stockman still in the bubble pack recently. I'm interested in when it was made and hoping one of you Schrade guys can help. For reasons I can't put my finger on the packaging (which has no date info on it) makes me think early 2000s or maybe the 90s. I believe it's a 108OT Junior; 2-3/4″ but the tang stamp is directly under a bend or curve in the bubble so it is distorted to the view, especially if you have old eyes. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hey charlie,
I have a few knives in those blister packs and they have a printing date of 2002 on the warranty information included in the package. So, I think your little jewel is probably somewhere in that same range give or take a year or so. Close to the end of USA production. Hope that helps. Kerry
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I found this buried in my computer.
Schrade Boxes 1.jpg
Schrade Boxes 2.jpg
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

toomanyknives wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:41 pm
Sasquach wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:52 pm I picked up this Schrade Old Timer small stockman still in the bubble pack recently. I'm interested in when it was made and hoping one of you Schrade guys can help. For reasons I can't put my finger on the packaging (which has no date info on it) makes me think early 2000s or maybe the 90s. I believe it's a 108OT Junior; 2-3/4″ but the tang stamp is directly under a bend or curve in the bubble so it is distorted to the view, especially if you have old eyes. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hey charlie,
I have a few knives in those blister packs and they have a printing date of 2002 on the warranty information included in the package. So, I think your little jewel is probably somewhere in that same range give or take a year or so. Close to the end of USA production. Hope that helps. Kerry
Thanks Kerry.

I double checked the package and the only thing is says about printing is that the card was printed in China. 2002 sounds about right though.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

tongueriver wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:46 pm I found this buried in my computer.
Schrade Boxes 1.jpgSchrade Boxes 2.jpg
Thanks Tongueriver.

Looks like 2001 - 2002 fits the bill. As I said earlier I strongly suspected it was early 2000s. Thanks again for confirming it. ::super_happy::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Charlie, it looks like your new treasure has rounded bolsters and a pen blade. Those features, plus a length of 2.75 inches, would make it a 108OT. Always nice to find a new old stock USA Schrade! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

peanut740 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:45 pm Top 2 are cuts,bottom 4 Waldens.
Congrats, fantastic specimins. Wow.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Sasquach wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:59 pm

Hey charlie,
Thanks Kerry.

I double checked the package and the only thing is says about printing is that the card was printed in China. 2002 sounds about right though.
Hey Charlie. the 2002 is printed on the folded paper inside. The one that says "Schrade Tough", with the flag on it...
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

toomanyknives wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:14 am

Hey charlie,
Thanks Kerry.

Hey Charlie. the 2002 is printed on the folded paper inside. The one that says "Schrade Tough", with the flag on it...
The blister pack is unopened and a date is not visible on the folded insert so I'm guessing it needs to be unfolded to reveal the date. I'm not planing on opening the blister pack. I'll just leave it as is, a sad part of American cutlery history.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Sasquach wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:51 pm
toomanyknives wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:14 am
Thanks Kerry.

The blister pack is unopened and a date is not visible on the folded insert so I'm guessing it needs to be unfolded to reveal the date. I'm not planing on opening the blister pack. I'll just leave it as is, a sad part of American cutlery history.
You are correct, Charlie. It would have to be unfolded. I opened mine because I had duplicates, otherwise, I would be right there with you!
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

This one arrived today.
Attachments
Schrade ATB 2001.jpg

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

An excellent score, Charlie. Congratulations!
USN 2000-2006
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

Sasquach wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:29 am This one arrived today.
I like it - USA ::tu:: - I have a pet peeve when I see the America patriotic knives made in China ::td::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Schrade Cut,big moose,just a little over 4 1/4".I've had a couple 3 blade stockmans on this frame,but this is the 1st moose.
Attachments
16563525670725537794706143631757.jpg
16563526045278644341413151230535.jpg
Roger
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Schrade Cut wharncliff whittler salesman sample.
Attachments
16563527259582306983577662559211.jpg
16563527499788102691884826853720.jpg
1656352765112456631568692239071.jpg
Roger
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Oh Boy! I like those two, Roger, especially the Moose. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

Very Nice Roger - I am always a sucker for wharncliff blade and/or a whittler also nice scales ::tu::
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Two first-class old Schrades, Roger! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Wow Peanut, wow. Gorgeous pair from a great era.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”