My latest Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Tsar Bomba

Re: My latest Schrade

Post by Tsar Bomba »

campbellb wrote:my father just passed away and i have over two hundred schrade usa knives...most importantly
there is a lb4...i'd like to sell it - also a lb4 3rd generation...also like to sell it
::welcome:: to AAPK, campbellb! ::handshake:: My condolences regarding your father. I hope you took the opportunity to go through his Schrades and choose a couple of significance to you. Priceless keepsakes you'd never be able to replace, for sure.

I'm sure someone will be along with more detail but essentially the Knives For Sale or Trade forum on AAPK is available to list individual knives or lots, as you'll see if you review the active threads there now, but I believe that is now a membership-required feature to actually list items there. We also have AAPK stores as you can see at the top of the page but (I assume) those also require a paid level of membership here.

If you have enough knives a Gold Membership will unlock the For Sale forum for you and you can list them to your heart's content. It's good to include lots of photos and there are a lot of Schrade buffs on the forum, including guys who REALLY know their stuff. ::tu:: The official info on the membership tiers and how to sell on AAPK is all here.

Anyway, should you choose to list the knives on AAPK I'll surely be keeping an eye out on new threads featuring Schrades... and I doubt I"m the only one. So again, welcome and enjoy your stay!
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

This commemorative was too tempting to pass up.
Daniel Boone Commemorative Knife
Roughly 12,000 made in 1976
Tang Stamped,
S.W. CUT
DB1 USA
Serial Number, 03335
Imperial Knife Associated Companies, Inc. Providence, RI.
(Schrade Cutlery Corp. and Imperial Knife Co.)
Nice padded display/gift box and commemorative coin!
Sharp looking 8OT pattern knife!
Attachments
tDaniel Boone Commemorative.jpg
tDaniel Boone Commemorative (2).jpg
tDaniel Boone Commemorative (3).jpg
tDaniel Boone Commemorative (4).jpg
tDaniel Boone Commemorative (5).jpg
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

That is a nice knife, the main blade looks like it was made by Camillus. ::tu::
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
A.A.P.N. # 5197: Member of Australian & U.S Blade Forums...KEN -
I collect Schrade knives - made in the U.S.A.- I like the 8OT
JAMESC41001

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Got a great Schrade recently. Check it out
B1A4027E-308A-4497-95D1-316F3893803E.jpeg
LRV

Post by LRV »

Awesome find..
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
JAMESC41001

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Thanks. This was made in the custom shop at Schrade. Not sure if this is the correct place to post it but thought some may like to see. Schrade only made a couple production knives with Demarcus, the lb5 and Kious. Unless I’m missing something. I have also seen a sample lb7. That is very cool also.
60E37476-15DC-4E8B-BB1B-B216AF6FFACF.jpeg
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

That's a good looking knife...is there a tang stamp on the other side or do you have some paperwork showing Schrade made it?
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
JAMESC41001

Post by JAMESC41001 »

No stamp or paperwork on this one.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

That's a nice looking knife ::tu::
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
JAMESC41001

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Thanks Paul. Knew someone would like it.
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

I believe this was a blade from the bankruptcy sale that was sent overseas to have handles put on it. It has no liners as I would expect on a D'Holder, pins have been hand peened and the lanyard barrel is pretty rough....but what a magnificent etch the blade has and the gold plating looks real enough. The display box is similar to the American Hero series. If anyone has info on this knife I'd appreciate knowing more about it.
SCHRADE D'HOLDER NAHC.jpg
70.jpg
71.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
LRV

Post by LRV »

What I've found on the DH knife
north-amer-hunter.jpg
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

LRV wrote:What I've found on the DH knife
north-amer-hunter.jpg
Thank you LRV for the paperwork.
The first D'holder "DH1s" had the BG42 blade [very hard to stamp blade - no tang stamp]
The first 1000 numbered D'holders, were sold by them-self and also in a set with the Lake & Walker one.
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
UnderDawgAl

Post by UnderDawgAl »

I bought this awhile back, but I never posted it. Although I have and carry the Craftsman version of the 825, I wanted to get a genuine Schrade Walden-marked. Click the pics to enlarge.
Schrade Walden 825
Schrade Walden 825
IMG_20180708_210359.jpg
The blade etch is barely visible.
IMG_20180708_210246.jpg
What a great EDC. It holds a nice edge, and it's lightweight.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Nice knife! That particular pattern, with its slender frame and blades, petite length and rounded bolsters has always been a popular pocket carry. Many variations of steel, covers, and blade selection. One could amass a significant collection of different variations of this one pattern. Good show! ::tu::
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

I filled a little hole in my collection with this Schrade Walden 808. A 2 3/4" mini stockman. Had to wait a while to find one in this condition. :D
Attachments
808 Schrade Walden.jpg
808 Schrade Walden (2).jpg
808 Schrade Walden (3).jpg
808 Schrade Walden (4).jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mustanger I would say the wait was more than worthwhile. You have yourself a fine looking knife.
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by koldgold »

Mustanger wrote:I filled a little hole in my collection with this Schrade Walden 808. A 2 3/4" mini stockman. Had to wait a while to find one in this condition. :D
That is a good find, it took about 2years to find my 808.
Some times it takes a long wait to find the hard to find knives.
My 1961 Bone 8OT, took 12 years to find. Ken
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

808's don't seem to come up often.
Hooked a Schrade USA out of the 'bay recently myself.

Cute lil' buggers aren't they . . . :D
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

Thanks for the input, guys. I thought maybe it was just because I'm not the most dedicated searcher. And because ebay doesn't send me email alerts the way they are supposed to. Guess I had been looking for a SW 808 for about 3 to 4 years. I feel lucky to finally get one in mint condition. ::ds::
Yes, they are cute little buggars. I like to carry the 807UH Uncle Henry version sometimes.
I'm still waiting for that bone 8OT.........
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

More 808s.
girlies001.jpg
girlies002.jpg
girlies003.jpg
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

tongueriver wrote:More 808s.
Nice! I missed out on a standard Kon-Kav a while back.
Ever seen one of these? It has yellow celluloid, stainless steel and jibbed liners. 808Y on a stainless blade. Only one I've ever seen. Wish it was in better shape. Somebody really went out of their way to scratch up that clip and leave the others alone. ::facepalm::
Attachments
Yellow 808Y Stainless.JPG
Yellow 808Y Stainless (2).JPG
Yellow 808Y Stainless (3).JPG
Yellow 808Y Stainless (4).JPG
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

It's still a very nice knife!
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Mustanger wrote:
tongueriver wrote:More 808s.
Nice! I missed out on a standard Kon-Kav a while back.
Ever seen one of these? It has yellow celluloid, stainless steel and jibbed liners. 808Y on a stainless blade. Only one I've ever seen. Wish it was in better shape. Somebody really went out of their way to scratch up that clip and leave the others alone. ::facepalm::
Ooh I really like that one, scratches and all.

I have a number of walden 808's with the black synthetic peachseed and worked liners (pre swinden knives). One is an early stamp on all blades that is dead minty, and another is minty with the sw usa stamp and pattern number. The rest are in used condition but good. I also have an 820 which is the same but with wood handles. A bone one has eluded me so far. I'll try to snap a group shot later, I am a big fan of those little stock knives.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

I didn't realize there was so much interest in the little fingernail pickers. Guess I should have started a thread with my new 808. Post some pics anyway! Are the wood handled knives "Propwood"?

Here is the SW 805 Kon-Kav that I under-bid about a year ago. Haven't seen one since. (opps, there is one on ebay now)
Attachments
805 Kon Kav (2).jpg

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”