mac tools

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
mrwatch

mac tools

Post by mrwatch »

Mac Tools Schrade Pocket knife 1985 47th anniversary folding limited edition. original box. ::ds::
Attachments
MAC 47tth.jpg
mac4.jpg
mac.jpg
mrwatch

Re: mac tools

Post by mrwatch »

forgot 5 inch blade 4 1/8th also not my pictures.
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

I recently added one of these Mac Tools 280 pattern knives to my collection.

The box mine came in is a little different and sleeve serial doesn't match the knife serial but packaging is the same in all other ways. Paperwork seems correct. Not sure if box and/or sleeve is original due to these discrepancies. Nice big knife regardless.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Nice knives. Our good friend Rich Healey who just died unexpectedly last month was crazy for these Schrade daddy barlows and had accumulated a number of them in bone. I sent him my only one so I no longer have an image to share of those. Thanks for sharing. There was also a very rare one in white bone with an original scrimshaw of Peter Stuyvessant (not a hot stamp but a real scrim) which I also once owned but sent to another member. I still have my Herman Williams version.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Those are some nice ones!
Thanks for letting us see 'em.

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Another Mac 47th here. I found this one unused but no box. These things are huge. Not a pocket knife by most peoples standard - definitely way too big to ride around with me but it looks great on the shelf. This one is #00325.
mac47.jpg
- Jason

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”