Schrade Commerative

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
tinroof

Schrade Commerative

Post by tinroof »

I have not seen any information or posting of this commerative, tho since it is 1999 issue, maybe it's too new. It has 1291 stamped on the front bolster so how many were made?
Attachments
MVC-008S.JPG
MVC-009S.JPG
MVC-010S.JPG
MVC-011S.JPG
MVC-012S.JPG
MVC-013S.JPG
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schrade Commerative

Post by Chase »

Schrade actually did three different versions of that knife to commemorate their 95th Anniversary.
The scrimshaw version you have, a Staglon handled one and a bone handled one as well.

Ozzie & Marie store here on AAPK has the bone handled one for sale with the glass dome/wood base display.

There is another store that has the displays only on here as well.

I have all three versions and they are all in the glass dome display......great knives.

Tom
dweb1897

Re: Schrade Commerative

Post by dweb1897 »

Here is a proto of the 95th with the serial #0000 Note the tang stamp is does not have 95TH ANN.
95th ANNIV 897 STOCKMAN RED.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”