Unknown schrade (8BPB)

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Mendozaxj

Unknown schrade (8BPB)

Post by Mendozaxj »

Hello everyone I’m currently trying to replace the emblem on my old Schrade knife but i have been able to find a replacement nor any Schrade that has the same emblem which was weird to me. Love this knife and would really love to find that emblem. The emblem resembles a arrow head rather than the traditional shield. The stamp on it is 8BPB
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Unknown schrade (8BPB)

Post by treefarmer »

::welcome:: to AAPK!
I’m not too knowledgeable about Schrade but I think your knife is a late model probably made overseas. The tang stamp tells me this.
Someone might have a junker that you could rob a similar shield. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

I believe that knife was made after 2004 by Taylor Brands - Might google Taylor Brand Sheilds or find similar shield from one of the knife supply sites online - good luck
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Those Chinese "Schrades" are dirt cheap on Ebay. Easier to just grab another knife.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Definitely an import.

Taylor didn't use good glue on any of the knives, and the shield falling out is a given. I had an 834UH and 12OT that with regular use, both had the handles fall off in a week--and both were produced about a decade apart, with the 12OT having been a "First Production Run" when they first started making the things overseas after Taylor bought the brand.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

The shield does not look too complicated in design. Is it possible you
could craft one from a piece of sheet metal?

I know the original shield would be best but if all else fails.

Bob
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

I see this shield on some of the Taylor made Schrades that came after 2004. I had one once that had a shield like this, it was a nice knife just not what I collect.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Most manufacturers using glue-in shields will send you a replacement free of charge simply upon asking. Fill out the form on the Schrade web site https://www.schrade.com/contactus/?form=ContactUs and submit it along with the model number, and ask them for a shield. You can easily glue it on, just a drop of superglue or similar is all it takes.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”