Reasonably rare Camillus

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Vit_213

Re: Reasonably rare Camillus

Post by Vit_213 »

carrmillus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 pm ..another mint example, vit!!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...............
Carrmillus, you flatter me! This is not mint at all ::tear:: .
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

FRJ wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:31 am
doglegg wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:10 pm I uncovered the model # 17
It's a beauty, doglegg.
How long is this jack knife?
The catalogue list the closed length as 3 5/8".
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Vit_213 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 am
carrmillus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 pm ..another mint example, vit!!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...............
Carrmillus, you flatter me! This is not mint at all ::tear:: .
....compared to most of the ones I am able to find over here , it looks gteat, vit!!!!!................... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...............
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone, and hope your Easter Sunday is a good one .
Floyd ( Doglegg) Am going to post this 12 short line here, hope you don’t mind me tagging it on your post .
Want to thank a couple of you for help on this one ,would like to hear from others there thoughts,facts ,etc on this 12 .
Is it a one year run on production, and if so does anyone know approximately how many ?
Some nice 16 s and 17 s posted here , anyone have a 12 that you could show? Would be appreciated.
Thanks for a great post Floyd , always something nice to read and see from you and others here !
Attachments
28808528-B7FF-460D-B327-CF7A8CC8114E.jpeg
CF06F0EA-3F66-4347-9194-30DC20A23025.jpeg
6BF04D01-EE41-4700-A741-BB19DBC17730.jpeg
JP
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ripster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:51 pm Morning everyone, and hope your Easter Sunday is a good one .
Floyd ( Doglegg) Am going to post this 12 short line here, hope you don’t mind me tagging it on your post .
Want to thank a couple of you for help on this one ,would like to hear from others there thoughts,facts ,etc on this 12 .
Is it a one year run on production, and if so does anyone know approximately how many ?
Some nice 16 s and 17 s posted here , anyone have a 12 that you could show? Would be appreciated.
Thanks for a great post Floyd , always something nice to read and see from you and others here !
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ripster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:51 pm Morning everyone, and hope your Easter Sunday is a good one .
JP I posted else where but here is my 12, a no line tang stamp so early after the war. I believe that they only used bone on them the first year and the 12 doesn't show up in the next catalogue.
DSCN6727.JPG
DSCN6728.JPG
DSCN6729.JPG
DSCN6731.JPG
DSCN6733.JPG
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

doglegg wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:47 am
JP I posted else where but here is my 12, a no line tang stamp so early after the war. I believe that they only used bone on them the first year and the 12 doesn't show up in the next catalogue. DSCN6727.JPGDSCN6728.JPGDSCN6729.JPGDSCN6731.JPGDSCN6733.JPG
Floyd ,that’s nice looking bone on your 12 ::tu::
Thanks for posting it, believe we have the Same shield as well. Really like the Ww2 period stuff ,and always something to learn ,and getting to be a challenge to find them .
Have a great day there my friend ::handshake::
JP
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

doglegg wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:47 am
JP I posted else where but here is my 12, a no line tang stamp so early after the war. I believe that they only used bone on them the first year and the 12 doesn't show up in the next catalogue. DSCN6727.JPGDSCN6728.JPGDSCN6729.JPGDSCN6731.JPGDSCN6733.JPG
Well, between you and JP, my heart is jumped up 20 beats. :lol: Floyd, that is just a down right beautiful knife. You and JP should be proud of those. ::tu:: ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

JP has a beauty and I am fortunate to have one too. Thanks P. B. ::handshake::
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

Beautiful old knives! :)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

msteele6 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm Beautiful old knives! :)
Thanks. ::handshake::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

[/quote]
I am looking at some of the older post and ::tu:: WOW, a beautiful #12 short line ::tu:: Great photos! Thanks ::handshake::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I’m just reading this this thread and WOW. Floyd and JP, y’all have some amazing old knives. Very nice!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Colonel26 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am I’m just reading this this thread and WOW. Floyd and JP, y’all have some amazing old knives. Very nice!
Thanks Wade. Those old one always get me going. But you have some pretty fabulous ones as well. ::nod:: ::nod::
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

doglegg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Colonel26 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am I’m just reading this this thread and WOW. Floyd and JP, y’all have some amazing old knives. Very nice!
Thanks Wade. Those old one always get me going. But you have some pretty fabulous ones as well. ::nod:: ::nod::
Morning Floyd and fellas . Wade ,been almost a year but ,Thank. You . They’re a great knife for sure .
Sitting here this cold windy snowy day taking advantage of being able to hide out . So that brings me to updating notes into one ( hopefully ) page with out all the pages of scribbled out notes and what not . Then into the Lap top for reference .A question to you ,was the #12 only made one or two years with bone. And if there was another material used beside bone what was it in this stamp period ? Have looked in the 1946 and 48 Catalog but would like to hear or see what some of you have to offer .
Those 16 and 17 s a page back sure are nice on the eyes ::tu:: ::tu::
Attachments
C93A4C9B-77A9-422C-A719-50C1EDF42E9B.jpeg
BE22470A-AA8B-4078-B4C3-6DFB6644D74D.jpeg
JP
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

JP, going by the catalogs it seem that first offering at the end of and right after the War was the only ones in bone. I sure like them and hate to pass one up. I'm not sure what those black handles were made of before Delrin. You sure have some wonderful ones.
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Ripster wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:46 pm
doglegg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Morning Floyd and fellas . Wade ,been almost a year but ,Thank. You . They’re a great knife for sure .
Sitting here this cold windy snowy day taking advantage of being able to hide out . So that brings me to updating notes into one ( hopefully ) page with out all the pages of scribbled out notes and what not . Then into the Lap top for reference .A question to you ,was the #12 only made one or two years with bone. And if there was another material used beside bone what was it in this stamp period ? Have looked in the 1946 and 48 Catalog but would like to hear or see what some of you have to offer .
Those 16 and 17 s a page back sure are nice on the eyes ::tu:: ::tu::
Nice knives, cool pics with your notes!!
Ike

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”