korean war trapper

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

korean war trapper

Post by terryl308 »

Just picked this one up. It has Korean war 50th anniverary etching on one blade 1950-2000 and All gave some and Some gave all on the other blade. It has a Camillus long line stamp with New York U.S.A. on the tang. Nice black jig handles Probably Delrin? Does this knife have any collectors value. It is un used but no box. thanks, Terry ::tu::
Attachments
Knife 2 D.jpg
Knife 2A.jpg
Knife 2B.jpg
Knife 2C.jpg
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: korean war trapper

Post by carrmillus »

...that's a new one on me!!!...never seen one before!!!...... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ................
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

thanks for the response carrmillus, maybe we will learn together! I assume it was made in 2000. ::shrug:: Terry
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

In the early 2000s, several versions of commemorative trapper knives were released.
In addition to this, I know about the "US Marshals Service" and the "Veteran of Foreign Wars". Everyone was in a gift box.
Attachments
marshal2.jpg
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Thanks for the responses, I didn't get a box with mine, bought it on a online auction. Well made knife. ::tu:: Terry
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Check the handles with a magnifying glass. Back about that time, Camillus had some black bone handles that you had to look very closely to tell the difference between them and synthetic. I'm not saying they are bone but it's worth a look see.
Attachments
@Comparison Bone vs Delrin - Album.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Jerry, I believe they could be bone, I have a friend that has a little better camera I will have him take a photo of the handles and enlarge it. Thanks, Terry
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Around the perimeter of the handle is the best place to see if it has haversian canals (the minute tubes in bone which contain blood vessels). Should be able to see that with a magnifying glass and good light.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I’d sure like to see a picture of the VFW version. Those are nicely done commemoratives. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”