Camillus Indian Stag Display

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
KleenCut61

Camillus Indian Stag Display

Post by KleenCut61 »

My Resent Winter Project ! 1981 Counter Top Display ! These are all excellent Knives If There Properly Cared For , Giving Years of Service . So now all I have to do is Choose :D ::tu:: .
Attachments
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0239 (2).JPG
IMG_0237 (2).JPG
IMG_0235 (2).JPG
Modern Slip Joints

Re: Camillus Staglon Display

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Great display! There's no one choice. For me it would be the large Stockman in a belt pouch most of the time, the Folding Hunter for a work knife, and something small for the rare occasions when I dress the way office workers do. For a hunting & camping sheath knife it mostly depends on how young you are. A young man needs a big knife to fight bears and rescue Jane from the crocodiles. A old man will have admitted that's never going to happen and takes a small sheath knife. Besides, the honey do list would be swallowed along with Jane.

Camillus' name for Delrin treated to look like stag was Indian Stag. Wasn't Staglon a Schrade trademark?
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Camillus Staglon Display

Post by orvet »

Awesome Camillus display! ::ds:: ::ds::
Modern Slip Joints wrote:
Camillus' name for Delrin treated to look like stag was Indian Stag. Wasn't Staglon a Schrade trademark?
You are correct. Staglon® was Schrade's name (I believe it is known as a "trade name", but I'm not positive on the terminology), for their treatment of DuPont Delrin® making the Delrin look like stag. Sawcut Delrin® was the registered name for their treatment of DuPont's Delrin which created the classic look that we expect from an Old Timer® branded knife.
I don't understand all the ins and outs of it, perhaps someone understands it better, but I believe it was part of the intellectual property the past two Taylor LLC when they purchased Imperial Schrade Corporation's intellectual property.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
KleenCut61

Re: Camillus Indian Stag Display

Post by KleenCut61 »

Thanks for the nice comments , And the Terminology Correction ::tu:: ::facepalm::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wonderful set! I’m one of those rare guys who actually likes the Indian Stag! The 89 is my favorite of the Indian Stag Knives. It may just beat out my beloved CASE 6375’s by a hair. Wonderful knives.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Colonel26 wrote:Wonderful set! I’m one of those rare guys who actually likes the Indian Stag! The 89 is my favorite of the Indian Stag Knives. It may just beat out my beloved CASE 6375’s by a hair. Wonderful knives.
Thank you ::tu:: There Are many more Patterns in Indian Stag made , But for the Most part this Sportsman set is a Perfect Assortment for the Sportsman , I have no favorites as to model , Being able to cover the Bases with a reliable Blade does have it s Perks thou . :D ::tu::
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

My favorite of the bunch is the 4 1/4" Stockman. Those were also made in Indian Stag with a sliding side lock for the master blade. For no good reason I'd like to have one. The Delrin on the ones I do have is dyed and textured differently. My second favorite is the two blade Folding Hunter. That's another Indian Stag Camillus that I'll eventually buy. However, since I had enough knives for a lifetime 45 years ago and still have them all, I'm in no hurry.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This can be yours for $2959.00 on a certain auction site.
(not from me)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (31.8 KiB) Viewed 1883 times
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......awesome!!!!.............. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ............... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..................

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”