A gift from GSMITH

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A gift from GSMITH

Post by carrmillus »

...just checked the 3 I have....pen blade IS paired with the master and the coping blade is on the opposite end!!........ ::shrug:: ................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

carrmillus wrote:
woodwalker wrote:Received in the mail today a first Generation 72 today. I always wanted one and now I do. Thank you Greg!! ::ds::
..I thought the 1st gen knives had the pen blade paired with the master????.......... ::shrug:: .............
And you would be exactly 100% correct sir.
Attachments
1st Gen Camillus 72 - 1945 Catalog.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

woodwalker wrote:Received in the mail today a first Generation 72 today. I always wanted one and now I do. Thank you Greg!! ::ds::
I really hate to rain on your parade and be a Delbert Downer but your knife is not a 1st Gen. Sorry partner. The small clip blade has been re-profiled.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

You know ,I just noticed that myself. I do believe I may have sent the wrong one. I Think that may be one I got from Randy where the Pen had been reprofiled like a coping blade. I will have to rectify that for Woodwalker who is the real hero here anyway. Here is the swing guard he sent meand it has re beautified this old Case.
Attachments
007.JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Meridian_Mike wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote: Au contraire mon frère.

I only have two of the first gen's. Greg has all of the rest. He's a genuine, dyed in the wool, hoarder.

Shame on you Jerry...... speaking in foreign tongues so I won't understand you....LOL.
Mike, I passed High School Freshman French class with a D-. I sighed a breath of relief and never went near it again until the late '90s when my favorite Aunt and I went to Paris (Linnea was "too busy to go". Her loss and I think she has regretted it ever since.). The amazing thing was that what little I learned in that class that had lain fallow for 40 years but it stood me in good stead for that trip. I wasn't able to communicate freely of course but I could stumble through some really basic stuff and they seemed to appreciate me trying enough to help out with what English they had (which was a bunch more than what French I had).
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Carmillus: I really don't know much about them. Only what Greg said in his letter to me that came in the box. He said it was a first gen.??
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

gsmith7158 wrote:You know ,I just noticed that myself. I do believe I may have sent the wrong one. I Think that may be one I got from Randy where the Pen had been reprofiled like a coping blade. I will have to rectify that for Woodwalker who is the real hero here anyway. Here is the swing guard he sent meand it has re beautified this old Case.
Awesome Greg what a beautiful Cheetah my friend!! Glad I could help. And I love the 72 regardless. It is beautiful in my eyes!! :)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

jerryd6818 wrote:
I really hate to rain on your parade and be a Delbert Downer but your knife is not a 1st Gen. Sorry partner. The small clip blade has been re-profiled.
Jerry I really like the knife and I like Greg a whole bunch to. First gen or not I really think that is the finest piece of cutlery I own. No rain here! But I do thank you for the info. Now if I can find the courage to stick it in my pocket!! Thank you Greg!! :)

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”