New Power Kraft find

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
tinroof

New Power Kraft find

Post by tinroof »

Just bought these today, but I have no dates or information. the tang stamp on one is Power Kraft USA, 84 - 19 and the main blade is stamped with crossed shields - Razor Edged and stag handles (I think).
The second has only Power Kraft USA on the tang and Power Kraft Unexcelled stamped on the main blade - no numbers.
Appreciate any applicable info and dates. Thanks
Attachments
MVC-021S.JPG
MVC-022S.JPG
MVC-023S.JPG
MVC-018S.JPG
MVC-019S.JPG
MVC-020S.JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Power Kraft find

Post by Mumbleypeg »

POWR-KRAFT was a trademark of Montgomery-Ward, used on knives from 1939 until the company closed. The knives were made for them on contract by knife makers like Camillus, and possibly others. Someone here probably can tell who made yours - look like Camillus to me but that's just a guess. Handles on the first one look like Delrin.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
XX Case XX

Re: New Power Kraft find

Post by XX Case XX »

Here's one I found on eBay. I bet he'd take $20 if you offered it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-POWR-K ... 1438.l2649

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”