Oddball

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
cody6268

Oddball

Post by cody6268 »

This is one weird knife currently being sold on eBay with parts from two different knives Camillus made from different companies. It's got a Santa Fe Stoneworks stamped blade and a Craftsman shield. It also looks unfinished--perhaps made close to the end?

And I'm sure it's worth nowhere near the sellers $50 asking price. If it were inline with what the occasional unfinished Camillus goes for (less than $20), I'd be all over it.

s-l1600_c_k_1.jpg
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Oddball

Post by carrmillus »

cody6268 wrote:This is one weird knife currently being sold on eBay with parts from two different knives Camillus made from different companies. It's got a Santa Fe Stoneworks stamped blade and a Craftsman shield. It also looks unfinished--perhaps made close to the end?

And I'm sure it's worth nowhere near the sellers $50 asking price. If it were inline with what the occasional unfinished Camillus goes for (less than $20), I'd be all over it.

s-l1600_c_k_1.jpg
.........that one looks like a homemade job to me!!!!............ ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ........................
cody6268

Re: Oddball

Post by cody6268 »

Yeah, the pins don't look right, even when compared to an unfinished one (whose heads are typically like a crosshatched nail head).

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”