camillus streamline

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
clockman

camillus streamline

Post by clockman »

Hello,all. Clockman here. Looking to buy a camillus streamline folder. Needs to be excellent or better condition. If you have one to sell please let me know. Thanks, Randy
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: camillus streamline

Post by orvet »

The Streamline folders all had celluloid handles on them. It is rare to find one that does not have damage from celluloid off-gassing.
I had one for several years that I would rate excellent or almost near mint.

I keep my celluloid knives on a shelf in the open-air above my desk. I checked them usually at least once a month to make sure they're not off-gassing.
Last year I check the Streamline and I was shocked at how much deterioration had taken place in about a month. I removed the celluloid and set it aside. Eventually I will replace the handles with bone.

Personally, I recommend collectors who want a Streamline find one that has been restored with bone handles. Even if you find a one that is dead mint the celluloid handles can begin off-gassing at anytime, ruining the Streamline and any knives or other objects in the vicinity.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”