Camco Ireland?

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
cody6268

Camco Ireland?

Post by cody6268 »

I'm used to Camcos being made in two countries, the USA and China (towards the very end of Camillus). I just ordered a small lot of knives, and threw this in to offset the shipping. I bought it because of its clip point blade, but didn't notice "Ireland" stamped as the country of origin. I have never seen an Irish Camco--tons of Irish Imperials though.

So, what's the story with these? I have never had a bad Irish Imperial (an Irish Tradesman TM-2 and a Swiss-type knife are still in my EDC), so hopefully this is of similar quality.

il_fullxfull.1363156690_lu1o.jpg
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Camco Ireland?

Post by Shearer »

cody6268 wrote:I'm used to Camcos being made in two countries, the USA and China (towards the very end of Camillus). I just ordered a small lot of knives, and threw this in to offset the shipping. I bought it because of its clip point blade, but didn't notice "Ireland" stamped as the country of origin. I have never seen an Irish Camco--tons of Irish Imperials though.

So, what's the story with these? I have never had a bad Irish Imperial (an Irish Tradesman TM-2 and a Swiss-type knife are still in my EDC), so hopefully this is of similar quality.

il_fullxfull.1363156690_lu1o.jpg
Look at this topic about the sixth post.
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... php?t=8307

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”