Rock USA Camillus Ny

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Cvcman

Rock USA Camillus Ny

Post by Cvcman »

Check out Wallys web site, over 30 yrs at Camillus designer and knife maker, this guy is the real deal,, has a nice shop across from the old plant and also does eBay
His work is amazing !!!
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rock USA Camillus Ny

Post by gsmith7158 »

Where's the link? ::shrug::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Cvcman

Post by Cvcman »

It didn't post ??? Google RockUSA Camillus Ny
Cvcman

Post by Cvcman »

It didn't post ??? Google RockUSA Camillus Ny
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Cvcman

Post by Cvcman »

Cvcman

Post by Cvcman »

this one you will enjoy...let me know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwmeJD5 ... e=youtu.be
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Cvcman wrote:this one you will enjoy...let me know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwmeJD5 ... e=youtu.be
..........that is absolutely great!!!....also kinda sad!!................. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ......................
Cvcman

Post by Cvcman »

Yea it is sad....My grandfather and two brothers worked here, I have know Wallace for over 30 years, used to do a lot of coon hunting with him..It blows my mind they quality of his work...when Camillus closed he went the auction and bought his entire office and tons of parts, blades boxes etc and started the ebay selling...the knives he makes from the parts are MUCH better finished than the same knife Camillus made,,,they were a production pc work factory, he hand finishes everything and his attention to detail is unreal...
He reworks and repairs many knives for customers and makes al kinds of custom stuff....
His sho is like an entire Camillus museum
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Rather Heart Felt for me , Being 34 yrs and counting In a Some what similar industry wise JOB ! Love The Rock ! My Favorite Shop! : :)
Cvcman

Post by Cvcman »

Yea I hear ya,,,Ive been in the cutting tool sales field since I was 20, im 58 now...when I started I had these accounts: Emerson Power in Ithaca, Miller Brewery Fulton, NESTLES Fulton, Carrier Syracuse, New Process Gear Syracuse, Camillus Cutlery, Cooper Tools and Brewer Titchner in Cortland NY, Monarch Machine Tool Cortland, General Motors Fisher Body Syracuse,Auburn Technologies (Alco),Pass and Seymore Solvay NY, Ithaca Gun Company,Oberdorfer Foundry,Syracuse China, Oneida Ltd,RE Dietz,......all gone
And these are just the ones that come to mind
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

Wallace has re-handled a couple of Camillus 72s for me, one in pre-ban elephant ivory, the other in gold lip pearl. That man has out of this world skills and he's one heck of a nice guy.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Cvcman

Post by Cvcman »

My problem is,,,and its not really a problem,,,when I stop at his shop or his house,,,its a half day bs session :)
I used to stop at the cutlery when he was a night watchman after id leave my girlfriends house and do his rounds with him and shoot the bull,,,I loved all the different knives...when I used to call on him to sell him cutting tools or blades after he was in management I would go to the lobby and ask for him..
Their paging system was a bell...all the managers had a different amount of "dings" like 3 then a pause and then one single...My wifes cousin was the payroll lady there for years,,,everything on an old Burroughs adding machine,,,,
Funny looking back
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Just read this again and thought would bump it up . It’s about 20 mins ,and the You tube video was the only one I was able to get working . Very good video ,even if not a Camillus fan or collector .
JP

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”