Camillus Cutlery Dispays

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
mfish4747@aol.com

Camillus Cutlery Dispays

Post by mfish4747@aol.com »

Hello,

I'm new to this site, my father in law Walter Lang was a Vice President at Camillus Cutlery for many years until his retirement in 1972. I have a nice collecion of Camillus knives and would ask anyone out there if they have or know of anyone who has Camillus displays they would like to sell.

Thanks in advance for your help

Martin
ScoutKnives

Re: Camillus Cutlery Dispays

Post by ScoutKnives »

First off Welcome to AAPK !
PM sent .
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Martin, welcome to AAPK.

Do you have a #53 two blade Jack. I have two with no pattern number stamped on the tang. The only reason I know they are a #53 pattern is I saw a picture, here while back, of one that was stamped 53 on the pile side of the tang. Those are the only three I've ever seen. I can't find anything on these knives. They aren't in any of the catalogs (online) I have access to. They have a long line stamp so they had to be made sometime between the middle-late '50s to some time in the late '70s - early '80s. Since the handles are that black synthetic material, I feel reasonably more like the middle '50s - early '60s. ::shrug::

I understand this is not what you were looking for but I'm grasping at straws here and you look like a good source to mine.
Attachments
@ Camillus Dog Leg Jack - Open Mark.JPG
Camillus - Tang Stamp.JPG
DSC07805.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Welcome to AAPK Martin. ::handshake::
There are many dedicated Camillus collector's here. I am sure you will receive many replies.
Our mouths are watering in anticipation for you to share some picture of your historical family collection when you get the time.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”