Camillus Streamline

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.

Camillus Streamline

Post by 0078 »

I have owned a few streamlines never this color nor this small. This knife is tang stamped on both sides of the master blade? Has anyone seen one like this?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Where you plant your needs is where your garden grows.
msteele6

Re: Camillus Streamline

Post by msteele6 »

I've seen some but generally there's a lot more reddish color, this one seems to have a lot of white.

Post by 0078 »

Interesting the ones I have owned in the past were all white and usually the skins always gassed out or curled badly by the bolsters.
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

I have two that are tang stamped the same as yours! Very nice Streamline ya got there! Circa 1941 ::tu::
20150926_180224.jpg
Randy

Post by 0078 »

#goldpan wrote:I have two that are tang stamped the same as yours! Very nice Streamline ya got there! Circa 1941 ::tu::
20150926_180224.jpg
Randy
Thanks Goldpan, the one you own on the bottom are the knives I'm more use to seeing. The white color ones. Nice showing of you knives. Thank you Greg
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

That's a beauty, I haven't seen any like that. Please keep an eye on it, I've never seen one that didn't outgas.
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Wel, well, well... After I posted my Streamlines I noticed one was in early stages of out gassing ::teary_eyes:: So I pried off the scales, I will replace them with black paper micarta which I will hand jig. Did that on a fixed blade and it came out real nice! Hope it turns out good on this too. I am going to use the old scales as templates to cut and drill the new scales. I'll post pics when I am done...
20150927_180239.jpg
Randy

Post by 0078 »

glennbad wrote:That's a beauty, I haven't seen any like that. Please keep an eye on it, I've never seen one that didn't outgas.
I know about that Glen, I like the knives but I kinda shy away from them. This knife luckily so far no curls or signs of gassing. Thanks for the reply. Greg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Randy, I hope you're able to get the shield back on with the new handles. It's nice to see something on the Camillus knives other than the Federal shield.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

jerryd6818 wrote:Randy, I hope you're able to get the shield back on with the new handles. It's nice to see something on the Camillus knives other than the Federal shield.

X2! ::tu::
The bowtie shield of the Streamline series really makes them stand out, IMO.

I have a Streamline with dark grey and cream colored handles (I think). I will have to find it and post a pic here. It seems the darker handles the more stable they are compared to the lighter colored handles.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

Here are mine, one is the normal premium jack with dark red handles, the other is the smaller EE jack.

The red one has the Sword Brand with Camillus on the back of the tang, the small one only has the Sword Brand stamp:
Attachments
photo-3.JPG
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

I love the Streamlines. The handles are super cool (when they are stable anyway) And love the master blades. Jerry I am going to try to get that shield on the new handles, the old shield is hot pressed with 4 little pins to hold it on. I will remove the pins and try my hand at fitting it in place. I have never done a shield before. Looking forward to a new challenge! Thats a nice pair of Streamlines you have there msteele6 ::tu:: ::tu::

Randy
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Just picked up my first Streamline. I was happy to find one without the usual outgassing celluloid issues like I've seen with some on the Bay. Swedged spear stamped on both sides, Sword Brand and a 4 line Camillus, looks like 3 5/16" to me.

Supported the AAPK stores too. ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_20210415_201858042.jpg
IMG_20210415_201914563.jpg
IMG_20210415_201929109.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 am Just.....
EXCELLENT acquisition, John! ::tu:: ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:31 am
1967redrider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 am Just.....
EXCELLENT acquisition, John! ::tu:: ::tu::

Thanks, Skip. ::handshake::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 am Just picked up my first Streamline. I was happy to find one without the usual outgassing celluloid issues like I've seen with some on the Bay. Swedged spear stamped on both sides, Sword Brand and a 4 line Camillus, looks like 3 5/16" to me.

Supported the AAPK stores too.
That’s a dandy you have there .
Good choice staying away from the cell handles,unless you plan to rehandle. The Streamline / Sword Brand w/ 4 line stamps is a great find .
Not seeing as many good ones on the bay like you said. It’s too bad people don’t know about the gassing ,many of them get ruined.
Thanks for posting that over here John ,nice Knife ::tu::
JP
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

A very sweet Stream Line. Great pick up. ::nod:: ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks, fellas! ::handshake::

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have a box full of Streamline parts knives. I need to put some together.
That is the first blade I have seen stamped Streamline that was not a clip blade.
Is there a model number on that blade?
It's also the first one I've ever seen in an equal end or cigar frame. The ones I have are all Serpentine patterns.

If you get a chance to take some pictures with a little better lighting come I would love to see some more details of that knife because I've never seen one like it I live probably have own/owned 24 to 30 Streamline Jack's.

There is something about that deeply stamp blade that is appealing to me. Thanks for posting it.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

orvet wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:49 am I have a box full of Streamline parts knives. I need to put some together.
That is the first blade I have seen stamped Streamline that was not a clip blade.
Is there a model number on that blade?
It's also the first one I've ever seen in an equal end or cigar frame. The ones I have are all Serpentine patterns.

If you get a chance to take some pictures with a little better lighting come I would love to see some more details of that knife because I've never seen one like it I live probably have own/owned 24 to 30 Streamline Jack's.

There is something about that deeply stamp blade that is appealing to me. Thanks for posting it.

The blades have been buffed, Dale. I don't see a pattern number, not sure if there was one or not. Not much blade loss, maybe 1/16" max. Hope these other pictures are good. I should note, half stops on both blades.
Attachments
IMG_20210415_212321216.jpg
IMG_20210415_212603166.jpg
IMG_20210415_212526252.jpg

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”