Wednesday 2/28/07 looks like its a bad day

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
LRV

Wednesday 2/28/07 looks like its a bad day

Post by LRV »

Forgive the cross board link but...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=457359
Larry
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
W5RWU

Post by W5RWU »

THanks For letting us know!!!
Randy
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/w5rwu

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
BUY MORE AMMO
R.I.P. Johnnie Fain
1949 - 2009
radicat

Post by radicat »

My government betrayed the people once again.
And that's a fact.
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

Stinks. Stinks up all of the knife world.

Sooner or later we gotta face up to the fact that we are living in a global economy and it hurts some of us, benefits others. Some American companies are facing up to this and dealing with it, some are not.

Maybe something like Canal Street Cutlery can come out of this mess.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::
I had dared to hope that they might pull it out.
One more company to focus my collecting on...............and one less quality American knife company.

My best to all who used to work there.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Another American cutlery company "Bites the Dust". A company with

over 130 years of knife history. Who's Next? ::shrug::
Attachments
OS19034.jpg
OS19034.jpg (35.26 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
CAMCO

Post by CAMCO »

A sad day for Camillus Cutlery. I was at the factory on Tuesday and said goodbye to my old friends. It was a great place to work.

Tom Williams
CAMCO

Post by CAMCO »

Even though Camillus is gone, Gr8Scout and I will continue to post historical information. I have collected many old Camillus items including knives, photos, knife boxes and sales literature. Stay tuned.

Tom Williams
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Very sad. ::tear::

We're sure glad for whatever you and Phil can show us about Camillus. ::nod::

Bill
Please visit the Member Stores here at AAPK, including my store.....GET AN EDGE!
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/getanedge
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

I don't think this thread here at AAPK will deteriorate into the hatefest I have seen at other knife forums... blame tossed around pretty wildly. I think it says alot about our Camillus Historian here, the dignified way he is handling bad news that is a lot closer to him than any of us. I write here publicly what I have written to him in person: Tom, I am sorry about what has happened to your cutlery. And I am going to let it rest there.

I will continue to help Tom anyway I can. Larry (our member 'lrv') is getting geared up to post every catalog page we can find on the Schrades-r-us website. I sent him a bunch of stuff today. Do any of you have old Camillus catalogs? Western?

The Camillus name will live on as long as people like us value their products.

Phil
LRV

Post by LRV »

The camillus site will have a name (domain) of its own,
I am partial to collectors-of-camillus but have asked for idea's
Please forward ideas to me or post them here .
Like my Schrade site it will not have any items for sale or discussion threads or blogs. Information only and free to all.

Thanks
Larry
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I look forward to seeing the new site Larry.
History for everyone. ::tu::

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
upnorth

Post by upnorth »

It would be nice to start a thread that celebrates Camillus knives. If someone closer to the subject starts it, I will do my best to post nice pictures of the 20-30 Camillus knives I own.
The closing is a darn shame, and it strengthens my resolve to stop buying off-shore!! Global economy is not all it's cracked up to be. If you follow world reports carefully, you will find that the emerging world industries are producing more pollution, and consequently more global warming than we could do if we did it on purpose!! Never mind the human rights abuse!
To the best of my ability, I support North American workers. I am a U.S. citizen, living with my Canadian wife in Canada right at the border, and I consider both countries home. The two countries share most goals of a free democratic society, and opportunity for all.
That's not the case in a lot of places that ship us their "goods" (in some cases, "not so goods")
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I hated to hear this news :( . I feel bad for all who were employed at Camillus.

I remain optimistic that there will always be a demand for quality US manufactured knives.

From the ashes I hope to see Great Eastern, Canal Street, and/or other future ventures succeed.

I sure wish we could keep these old names in the US though. I'm glad we can preserve history by sharing info & pictures. If I can do anything to help with this, please do let me know.

Bryan
Bryan

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”