camillus #72

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: camillus #72

Post by Ripster »

#goldpan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:48 pm Jumping back into knife collecting. Its been a couple of years since I last posted any 72's and their clones. I sold most of mine off. I had a bunch of short lined ones in bone that were just awesome. I can't believe how much the value of these knives has gone up! I recently picked up a few to start rebuilding my collection.

C758BA20-D157-4B1D-AF64-A9B3D7BB7CE3L0001.jpg
In this bunch, front to back, are a yellow jacket, a Rigid, a 22 rim fire and a couple of Remingtons.

BF31299D-403B-45AD-BC35-C4245CCED2F1L0001.jpg
In this bunch, front to back are three long line 72's. an Ulster that Jerry D. gave me several years ago and a Kutmaster.

C9CDE905-0D66-41CA-B097-46756E86EC1FL0001.jpg
And in this bunch, front to back, a short line 72 in Ebony that I recently rebuilt, a 1042 scout that I put some deer antler tine on. It was one of the first knives that I rehandled many years ago. A long line 72, an Imperial scout 72 clone and a Craftsman Keen Kutter.

I have two more short liner 72s on the bench all cut apart waiting for me to give them a new set of jigged bone covers. I'll post them when they are finished. Boy I forgot how addictive these are. Wished I had those bone handled short line 72's back!
Really great way to jump back in. Look forward to seeing more from you. Great work ,great pics . Always good too see some of you guys come back around. Take care ::handshake::
JP
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ripster wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Vit_213 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm A rare knife that I think all members of this forum have :mrgreen: .
I purchased it about three years ago but only recently photographed it :roll: .
That’s a great piece,glad you got a photo and posted it . ::tu:: ::tu::
Awhile back I posted one of the same and asked some questions. You and / or Jerryd responded that it was a Holiday SFO but I can’t remember where that info was posted . Do you remember off hand ? Thanks . Here’s a pic of the one I have stashed away.
Here ya go JP. Jerry had posted it, it was a SFO for Sears. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=28718&start=3285
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

#goldpan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:48 pm Jumping back into knife collecting. Its been a couple of years since I last posted any 72's and their clones. I sold most of mine off. I had a bunch of short lined ones in bone that were just awesome. I can't believe how much the value of these knives has gone up! I recently picked up a few to start rebuilding my collection.

C758BA20-D157-4B1D-AF64-A9B3D7BB7CE3L0001.jpg
In this bunch, front to back, are a yellow jacket, a Rigid, a 22 rim fire and a couple of Remingtons.

BF31299D-403B-45AD-BC35-C4245CCED2F1L0001.jpg
In this bunch, front to back are three long line 72's. an Ulster that Jerry D. gave me several years ago and a Kutmaster.

C9CDE905-0D66-41CA-B097-46756E86EC1FL0001.jpg
And in this bunch, front to back, a short line 72 in Ebony that I recently rebuilt, a 1042 scout that I put some deer antler tine on. It was one of the first knives that I rehandled many years ago. A long line 72, an Imperial scout 72 clone and a Craftsman Keen Kutter.

I have two more short liner 72s on the bench all cut apart waiting for me to give them a new set of jigged bone covers. I'll post them when they are finished. Boy I forgot how addictive these are. Wished I had those bone handled short line 72's back!
That's definitely the way you jump back in!! Very nice group of 72's and clones. Awesome you found a Keen Kutter. Look forward to see how the two your working on turn out!! ::tu:: ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ripster wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Vit_213 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm A rare knife that I think all members of this forum have :mrgreen: .
I purchased it about three years ago but only recently photographed it :roll: .
That’s a great piece,glad you got a photo and posted it . ::tu:: ::tu::
Awhile back I posted one of the same and asked some questions. You and / or Jerryd responded that it was a Holiday SFO but I can’t remember where that info was posted . Do you remember off hand ? Thanks . Here’s a pic of the one I have stashed away.
Sears Christmas catalog 1991.
Attachments
Sears 1991 Christmas Catalog.jpg
Sears 1991 Christmas Catalog - ducks_whittler.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I though I was sold on the CAMILLUS 72... ::paranoid:: now I am leaning toward the # 67 ::paranoid:: ... am I guilty of a sort of "infidelity"? ::paranoid:: Is there a road back to redemption? ::shrug::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:37 pm I though I was sold on the CAMILLUS 72... ::paranoid:: now I am leaning toward the # 67 ::paranoid:: ... am I guilty of a sort of "infidelity"? ::paranoid:: Is there a road back to redemption? ::shrug::
Judge Jerry is a hard a$$ Marine so you might be doing pushups in the mud for a while. Be sure to count them out so he can hear you! :lol:
David
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

DM11 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:23 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:37 pm I though I was sold on the CAMILLUS 72... ::paranoid:: now I am leaning toward the # 67 ::paranoid:: ... am I guilty of a sort of "infidelity"? ::paranoid:: Is there a road back to redemption? ::shrug::
Judge Jerry is a hard a$$ Marine so you might be doing pushups in the mud for a while. Be sure to count them out so he can hear you! :lol:
Opps! :oops: Thank you Sir! May I have another? ::doh::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A 67? Why that's just an everyday stockman. I say, I say, that's just heresy son. Gotta find some way to get your mind right. Get down and give me 50 and count 'em out loud.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

You go ahead and buy all those 67's and leave the 72's to others. That is my unselfish suggestion. :oops:
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:18 am A 67? Why that's just an everyday stockman. I say, I say, that's just heresy son. Gotta find some way to get your mind right. Get down and give me 50 and count 'em out loud.
:oops: Sir! Yes Sir! 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 ...One! 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 ...Two! 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 ...Three! :oops: This is going to be a long posting ::paranoid:: I may have to take a break... :oops: I not in the same shape I was back in the "Olden Times" ... ::facepalm::

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:05 pm I may have to take a break... :oops: I not in the same shape I was back in the "Olden Times" ... ::facepalm::
:lol: :lol: :lol: Are any of us. I couldn't pump out one. I'd fall flat on my nose. ::facepalm::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:10 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:05 pm I may have to take a break... :oops: I not in the same shape I was back in the "Olden Times" ... ::facepalm::
:lol: :lol: :lol: Are any of us. I couldn't pump out one. I'd fall flat on my nose. ::facepalm::
When I was around 33 or 34 years old I had to do a PT test and I did over 100 push ups in 1 minute. ::paranoid:: Now I can hardly push my self up out of my "lazy-Boy" chair... :oops: and THAT is with the incentive of getting up and getting an ice cold beer out of the fridge :oops: ::facepalm::

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:22 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:10 pm
When I was around 33 or 34 years old I had to do a PT test and I did over 100 push ups in 1 minute. ::paranoid:: Now I can hardly push my self up out of my "lazy-Boy" chair... :oops: and THAT is with the incentive of getting up and getting an ice cold beer out of the fridge :oops: ::facepalm::
I hear ya Bro. My how things have changed.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

You boys must have snatched up all the remaining good 72’s. On the rare occasion I have a minute to look for them on the bay, most of what I see are worn out, broken down nags.

I need to get my priorities right and spend more time on line looking at knives! :mrgreen:
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:18 am A 67? Why that's just an everyday stockman. I say, I say, that's just heresy son. Gotta find some way to get your mind right. Get down and give me 50 and count 'em out loud.
:oops: I am trying for redemption today ::pray:: for the error of my ways :oops: by EDC-ing my Short-Line #72 ...The real question is ::paranoid:: is it too little too late? ::paranoid:: ::pray::
Attachments
DSC00001.JPG
DSC00002.JPG
DSC00003.JPG
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00005.JPG

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:48 am You boys must have snatched up all the remaining good 72’s. On the rare occasion I have a minute to look for them on the bay, most of what I see are worn out, broken down nags.

I need to get my priorities right and spend more time on line looking at knives! :mrgreen:
Colonel, I'll tell you what... ::disgust:: I have had a tough time bidding on the Flea Bay... I make a bid and next thing you know... Bam! I see a notice "Outbid" :x and you are 100% right there is a lot of worn out, broken down nags there. :x Worse, is that I came down with a bad case of "Short-Line Fever" ::mdm:: awhile back and the only cure seems to be finding more Short-Lines :roll: which seem to be few and far between ::teary_eyes::

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:10 pm
Colonel26 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:48 am You boys must have snatched up all the remaining good 72’s. On the rare occasion I have a minute to look for them on the bay, most of what I see are worn out, broken down nags.

Colonel, I'll tell you what... ::disgust:: I have had a tough time bidding on the Flea Bay... I make a bid and next thing you know... Bam! I see a notice "Outbid" :x and you are 100% right there is a lot of worn out, broken down nags there. :x Worse, is that I came down with a bad case of "Short-Line Fever" ::mdm:: awhile back and the only cure seems to be finding more Short-Lines :roll: which seem to be few and far between ::teary_eyes::
lol. And the bad thing for this conditions is that the only cure is another hit of the hair of the dog that but ya.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:16 pm

lol. And the bad thing for this conditions is that the only cure is another hit of the hair of the dog that but ya.
::paranoid:: oops! ::paranoid:: You said it.... ::shrug:: and here I am right now looking for more knives on the Flea-Bay.... ::dang::

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

For crying out loud. Will you never learn to snipe? https://www.gixen.com/main/home_2.php?s ... 1364829629
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:03 pm
For crying out loud. Will you never learn to snipe? https://www.gixen.com/main/home_2.php?s ... 1364829629
[/quote]

::dang:: What the heck? I feel Like I have been living under a rock. :oops: Let me re-boot my Macintosh Computer and update my MS-DOS system :roll: then I will take a look at that new fangled "sniper" deal that you young kids are using these days. ::hmm::

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:27 pm [quote=jerryd6818 post_id=947510 time=<a href="tel:1631487812">1631487812</a> user_id=6094]
[/quote]

::dang:: What the heck? I feel Like I have been living under a rock. :oops: Let me re-boot my Macintosh Computer and update my MS-DOS system :roll: then I will take a look at that new fangled "sniper" deal that you young kids are using these days. ::hmm::
[/quote]

I found a pic of Cuz (aka JerryD)!
940F936B-19B9-4496-8EB5-A94B7500F3E8.jpeg
Robert E. Lee
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Colonel26 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:59 am
I found a pic of Cuz (aka JerryD)!

940F936B-19B9-4496-8EB5-A94B7500F3E8.jpeg

::rotflol:: ::clapping:: That is it! I thought I knew him from somewhere!!! ::rotflol::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:04 am
:oops: And think of those #72s that I lost to him without even knowing what was going on under the table :oops:

toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

You guys just need to do like I do. I never lose an auction to a sniper. I just go straight for the high priced "Buy It Now" items! :D
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

toomanyknives wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:41 am You guys just need to do like I do. I never lose an auction to a sniper. I just go straight for the high priced "Buy It Now" items! :D
I found you too!!! lol
8152EE2E-4CB8-4C76-A980-0010D6FAE82D.jpeg
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”