camillus #72

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: camillus #72

Post by carrmillus »

......jerry, "happy as a pig in slop", was another of my granddad's favorite sayings!!!.............. ::tu:: ............
SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

Greg, with your last haul and these newly acquired gifts you're gonna have to get a bigger house or at least make an addition to your current one. ::tu::

Tommy, you're are indeed a very generous man. May you be repaid tenfold for ALL your kind acts, my friend! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::clapping::
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

SolWarrior wrote:Greg, with your last haul and these newly acquired gifts you're gonna have to get a bigger house or at least make an addition to your current one. ::tu::

Tommy, you're are indeed a very generous man. May you be repaid tenfold for ALL your kind acts, my friend! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::clapping::
Felix you are so correct and you have inspired me to do a new Camillus Family Portrait. :D
Attachments
002.JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.........great looking collection, greg!!!.........I don't see a #5 whittler???..........got one if you want it!!....... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .........................
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

carrmillus wrote:.........great looking collection, greg!!!.........I don't see a #5 whittler???..........got one if you want it!!....... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .........................
Send it to me buddy. You gotta let me pay you for this one though! ::handshake::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

gsmith7158 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:.........great looking collection, greg!!!.........I don't see a #5 whittler???..........got one if you want it!!....... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .........................
Send it to me buddy. You gotta let me pay you for this one though! ::handshake::
.....nope!!!..........I don't get to the post office very often, but , I wiil get a box next trip and get it in the mail to you!!,I don't take money for knives, but if you can find me an early 3 line or 4 line splitback Camillus whittler, I would take that, plus, I would dance at your next wedding(in the nude)..... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..................... ::handshake:: ................
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

carrmillus wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:
.....nope!!!..........I don't get to the post office very often, but , I wiil get a box next trip and get it in the mail to you!!,I don't take money for knives, but if you can find me an early 3 line or 4 line splitback Camillus whittler, I would take that, plus, I would dance at your next wedding(in the nude)..... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..................... ::handshake:: ................
I have my search engine set I am watching for them every day! ::tu::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

Greg, that's one outstanding and fantabulous Camillus family you have there, buddy. ::ds:: ::tu:: ::tu:: And now Tommy promises you he's going to dance nude at your next wedding. Jerry is right. You're one very lucky guy, my friend, ::rotflol:: But I don't envy you one bit, buddy. ::rotflol::
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

SolWarrior wrote:Greg, that's one outstanding and fantabulous Camillus family you have there, buddy. ::ds:: ::tu:: ::tu:: And now Tommy promises you he's going to dance nude at your next wedding. Jerry is right. You're one very lucky guy, my friend, ::rotflol:: But I don't envy you one bit, buddy. ::rotflol::
Felix, while I'm certain that Tommy is 100% truthful, that's one promise he'll never have to keep because there won't be another wedding ::not_saying:: I do feel like a lucky guy though as I have found more friends than knives here on this site and I hope that continues. By the way you are in that count as well!
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

Same here, buddy. You betcha! ::nod::
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...I hope you know I was kidding about the dancing, greg!!...I don't dance, clothes or not!!.....and haven't in 60 years!!, but I wasn't kidding about the #5 Camillus!!.... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ............
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wow! That was very generous Tommy! Very nice. I'm off to a trade day tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye peeled for Camillus 72's and 89's.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Colonel26 wrote: I'm keeping an eye peeled for Camillus 72's and 89's.
And 1047s?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

jerryd6818 wrote:
Colonel26 wrote: I'm keeping an eye peeled for Camillus 72's and 89's.
And 1047s?
I sure wouldn't kick one out of the truck. Or an 863 either. Who knows I might even find one of them Cussin' and Ferns. Lol
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Colonel26 wrote:Wow! That was very generous Tommy! Very nice. I'm off to a trade day tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye peeled for Camillus 72's and 89's.
...col., speaking of '89's, I've got a STAGLON 89(which dates it to the late 60's or early '70's), but it has a master blade stamped with the short-line mark(40's-'50's), never been able to figure that one out!!!???............... ::shrug:: .................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

carrmillus wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:Wow! That was very generous Tommy! Very nice. I'm off to a trade day tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye peeled for Camillus 72's and 89's.
...col., speaking of '89's, I've got a STAGLON 89(which dates it to the late 60's or early '70's), but it has a master blade stamped with the short-line mark(40's-'50's), never been able to figure that one out!!!???............... ::shrug:: .................
The first mention of an 89 I could find in the catalogs I have access to was in 1972 as part of a new line with "Indian Stag" covers ("Staglon" was a Schrade name)
Attachments
Camillus Deluxe Indian Stag 1972 - 89 Highlighted.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

carrmillus wrote:
Hmmm. That's right interesting. I dearly love the Camillus 89 knives. Truth be told they're my favorite Camillus knife. Hard to come by around here.

I didn't see the first Camillus anything today. All I came home with is an old English machete and a fence stretcher.
Robert E. Lee
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..as usual, I was wrong about the "staglon" name, jerry, but I still can't figure out how it can have that tang stamp, unless the blade was broken and replaced with an earlier blade???........ ::shrug:: ................
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Colonel26 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:
Hmmm. That's right interesting. I dearly love the Camillus 89 knives. Truth be told they're my favorite Camillus knife. Hard to come by around here.

I didn't see the first Camillus anything today. All I came home with is an old English machete and a fence stretcher.[/quote
...col., I just opened up my Camillus store display, and I found a #89 I didn't realize I had. it has the correct long-line stamp and appears to be in good shape. if you are interested, let me know!!.... ::tu:: .........
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

PM sent
Robert E. Lee
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Three more added to the fold!
Attachments
2017-06-24 21.33.35.jpg
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

That's a fine trio of 72's Greg! ::nod:: That #5 really stands out with those brass bolsters. ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Good lookin' Kon-Kav. Is the condition as good as it looks in the picture?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

jerryd6818 wrote:Good lookin' Kon-Kav. Is the condition as good as it looks in the picture?
It is Jerryd. There is a slight blade rub just above the kon-Kav etch but other than that it's perfect.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

Very nice, Greg! I see you got yourself a Schrade Walden 863. ::tu:: Are those scales black dyed bone? Sweet! ::tu::

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”