Show Us Your Camillus Knives!

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Show Us Your Camillus Knives!

Post by Ripster »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:59 am
Quick Steel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:38 pm This Camillus Rope Knife or Sailor's Knife has a locking Marlinspike which is released by the bail.

P1040273.JPG
That is a great knife! I carry one when I am hauling my trailer around (I do some landscaping and hauling off junk) So I am tying down tarps etc. and using ropes. Sometimes I am cutting other things as well.... ::facepalm:: like my finger ::doh:: ::dang::
Careful there G dog . Must be about time to have a beer ! ::nod::
JP
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Most welcome JP. This rugged knife should give excellent service whether in the shop or on the high seas.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Ripster wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:59 am
Quick Steel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:38 pm This Camillus Rope Knife or Sailor's Knife has a locking Marlinspike which is released by the bail.

P1040273.JPG
That is a great knife! I carry one when I am hauling my trailer around (I do some landscaping and hauling off junk) So I am tying down tarps etc. and using ropes. Sometimes I am cutting other things as well.... ::facepalm:: like my finger ::doh:: ::dang::
Careful there G dog . Must be about time to have a beer ! ::nod::
I am playing it safe today Ripster, I am going with the old "pop-top" :wink:
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I am playing it safe today Ripster, I am going with the old "pop-top" :wink: (a picture might be worth 1000 words... or in this case 1 ice cold beer :wink: )
Attachments
DSCF2259.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:53 am
Papa Bones, it looks like a pretty sweet score you ended up with there. ::nod:: That is a nice addition with the boxes original papers, and sleeve. ::tu:: ::handshake:: A job well done!
Thanks Topdog!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:49 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:53 am
Papa Bones, it looks like a pretty sweet score you ended up with there. ::nod:: That is a nice addition with the boxes original papers, and sleeve. ::tu:: ::handshake:: A job well done!
Thanks Topdog!!
You are welcome P.B. :| ... :x Although I have "Bone" to pick with you and Ripster, :x You guys are costing me money :x . Ya'll got me all fired up on Camillus pocket knives. Now everywhere I go when knife hunting, I am looking for more Camillus pocket knives to add to the stash, #76s, #1s, #27s, etc. etc. ::huff:: Worst of all I am hooked on getting more "Short-Lines" ::disgust:: . That is money I could have spent more wisely... on Beer song and women... ::disgust::

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 pm You guys are costing me money :x . Ya'll got me all fired up on Camillus pocket knives. Now everywhere I go when knife hunting, I am looking for more Camillus pocket knives to add to the stash, #76s, #1s, #27s, etc. etc.
I'm in the same boat. Before I bought that Xcelite 27 from you, I didn't know I wanted one...and now I can't get enough of them! Someday I'll get a 1, a 21, a 23, and who knows what else?
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:09 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 pm You guys are costing me money :x . Ya'll got me all fired up on Camillus pocket knives. Now everywhere I go when knife hunting, I am looking for more Camillus pocket knives to add to the stash, #76s, #1s, #27s, etc. etc.
I'm in the same boat. Before I bought that Xcelite 27 from you, I didn't know I wanted one...and now I can't get enough of them! Someday I'll get a 1, a 21, a 23, and who knows what else?
I am looking ::paranoid:: for another #21, a #14 and a #41... ::skeptic:: and I want a really nice clean #76.... ::facepalm:: .... Agggh ::uc:: ....where does it stop? ::shrug:: ::teary_eyes::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

My trusty #76
Attachments
DSCF2245.JPG
DSCF2248.JPG
DSCF2249.JPG
DSCF2250.JPG
DSCF2251.JPG

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:16 pm
I am looking ::paranoid:: for another #21, a #14 and a #41... ::skeptic:: and I want a really nice clean #76.... ::facepalm:: .... Agggh ::uc:: ....where does it stop? ::shrug:: ::teary_eyes::
I am having trouble finding the stopping place as well. First 72's then rimfire series, then EO"s, then short lines, then no lines aaaagh........
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

doglegg wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:34 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:16 pm
I am having trouble finding the stopping place as well. First 72's then rimfire series, then EO"s, then short lines, then no lines aaaagh........
Yep, you guys are all a bad influence . ::nod::
Gotta say though ,it’s fun isn’t it . Good luck out there,be safe ::handshake::
JP
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Ripster wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:56 am Yep, you guys are all a bad influence . ::nod::
Gotta say though ,it’s fun isn’t it .
Sure is! In my case, I don't know where and when--indeed, if--it will end. All I can do is see what happens and enjoy.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 pm

You are welcome P.B. :| ... :x Although I have "Bone" to pick with you and Ripster, :x You guys are costing me money :x . Ya'll got me all fired up on Camillus pocket knives. Now everywhere I go when knife hunting, I am looking for more Camillus pocket knives to add to the stash, #76s, #1s, #27s, etc. etc. ::huff:: Worst of all I am hooked on getting more "Short-Lines" ::disgust:: . That is money I could have spent more wisely... on Beer song and women... ::disgust::
::shrug:: I Know Nothiing???? (in my best Shultz voice). Hey.....look at the bright side, after spending your beer money on a knife, at least...the next morning you will still have it. If you spend it all on beer, after you drink it, it's kind of hard to keep it, eventually it's going down the drain. ::super_happy::

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:31 pm My trusty #76
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::

doglegg wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:34 am
Floyd.....Floyd.....Floyd, you know you hear the same little voice in the back of your mind that calmly whispers......"Just One More" ! My betterhalf says when I'm Coon Fingering and Chicken eyeing a (New to Me) knife, that I'm in my own little world. I tell her, "That's O.K., because the Knife Gnomes know me there." :lol:

Smitty
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Papa bones, that little voice will probably lead to me living under a bridge somewhere. But I listened to it on this one. A short line 70 cattle knife. Bones always suck me in. ::facepalm::
DSCN6980.JPG
DSCN6981.JPG
DSCN6982.JPG
DSCN6983.JPG
DSCN6984.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Garry I found out a few years back that if the Marlin Spike locks, it's a "Rigger's Knife" and if the Marlin Spike does not lock, it's a "Yachtsman" knife. Splitting hairs I suppose. ::shrug::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

That is interesting Jerry. I had not heard that distinction. Thank you.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:03 pm Papa bones, that little voice will probably lead to me living under a bridge somewhere. But I listened to it on this one. A short line 70 cattle knife. Bones always suck me in. ::facepalm::
Very nice. Ya done good Floyd. Sometimes it's best to listen to the voices. ::nod::

Smitty
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:03 pm Papa.....
Great l👀king piece of cutlery, Floyd! ::tu:: ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Papa bones and Skip, from me and the voices. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:09 pm Garry I found out a few years back that if the Marlin Spike locks, it's a "Rigger's Knife" and if the Marlin Spike does not lock, it's a "Yachtsman" knife. Splitting hairs I suppose. ::shrug::
Sorry Jerry, but I think this is nonsense.
Any company can name their knife whatever they want.
For example, Buck named his knife #315 is Yachtsman, but this is the same knife as Camillus #695 Marlin Spike, and it has a lock.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:03 pm Papa bones, that little voice will probably lead to me living under a bridge somewhere. But I listened to it on this one. A short line 70 cattle knife. Bones always suck me in. ::facepalm:: DSCN6980.JPGDSCN6981.JPGDSCN6982.JPGDSCN6983.JPGDSCN6984.JPG
Nice to see those bone scales and even nicer to see another "Short-Line" ::nod::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Papa Bones wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:47 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 pm That is money I could have spent more wisely... on Beer song and women... ::disgust::
::shrug:: I Know Nothiing???? (in my best Shultz voice). Hey.....look at the bright side, after spending your beer money on a knife, at least...the next morning you will still have it. If you spend it all on beer, after you drink it, it's kind of hard to keep it, eventually it's going down the drain. ::super_happy::
Well... in the long run I suppose you are right ::hmm:: ... it looks like I will have to switch from Blue Moon and GUINNESS (The World's Most Iconic Beer. Brewed In Dublin Since 1759), to something cheaper... like Miller Light... ::uc::

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Guys does this one count? It's a Camillus knife kit I bought and fashioned my own handle.
The wood is Ash and I'm thinking of getting another one and using Kirinite for the handle.
Attachments
20210321_204644.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Like the ash handle a lot. Definitely a good looking knife.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:24 pm
doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:03 pm Papa bones, that little voice will probably lead to me living under a bridge somewhere. But I listened to it on this one. A short line 70 cattle knife. Bones always suck me in. ::facepalm:: DSCN6980.JPGDSCN6981.JPGDSCN6982.JPGDSCN6983.JPGDSCN6984.JPG
Nice to see those bone scales and even nicer to see another "Short-Line" ::nod::
Thanks GSPTOPDOG, it was those two exact things that caught my attention. ::handshake::

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”