Great Camillus knife. Info wanted

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
LRV

Great Camillus knife. Info wanted

Post by LRV »

For Millers Bro's
A great Camillus Rope Knife.

It is 4 3/8" long, has the Camillus three line address, rat tail bolsters, jigged bone handles like I have never seen before on a Camillus. it had a bail at one time but it is missing now.

I would like to know if it was a military issue knife, what time frame it came from, etc.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (54.12 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (33.53 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
Owd Wullie

Re: Great Camillus knife. Info wanted

Post by Owd Wullie »

That is a beauty. ::tu::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by muskrat man »

don't know if it was an issue knife but it's definately a WWI era Camillus, I have a 3 line camillus Moose pattern with similar handle scales.
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

-

I have a Camillus trapper with the three line stamping on the master and the curved stamping on the secondary that has handles just like those. Goins dates my stamping to c. 1916. That seems to be a pretty good approximate date for that style of jigging.

I own quite a few Camillus knives, and in my limited experience Camillus used more styles of jigging than any other manufacturer. That may relate to the fact that Camillus did so much contract work for others.

-

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”