fake hubertus springer knife

For Collectors & Users of Hubertus Brand Knives
henryrawski

fake hubertus springer knife

Post by henryrawski »

How can I tell if a Hubertus springer knife is fake?
Gunsil

Re: fake hubertus springer knife

Post by Gunsil »

I have never heard of a fake Hubertus but one never knows what those Chinese will copy next. If you could post a photo of the knife in question somebody might be able to tell you if it is proper.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

DHGate sells them plus a bunch of other fake knives.
mariacrow44

Post by mariacrow44 »

Look Up Hubertus Vs Hubectrus. Very Good Read. I Have Stumbled Across A Few.
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

Hubertus also contracted out some small ones to be Chezh (sp) made. Most have the new clip blade, pretty shaky knives.
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The "Hubectus" comment is wrong.
Hubertus at one time marked their knives with the r and t connected- and some construed this to say "Hubectus." The Chinese copied this marking exactly. This is not a method to spot fake Hubertus knives. If the chinese are going to copy something, they won't intentionally misspell the name-there is no reason to.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm way late to this party, and my following information was info I read, but, it claimed that if the rivet in the middle of the metal strip that runs down from the lever on the front side of the knife is a fixed rivet, then the knife is genuine, but if it's a screw, the knife is a clone. For what it's worth! 8)
WIN_20210227_21_40_47_Pro.jpg
I know for a fact that the knife on top with the RIVET in the metal strip is the genuine article, since it was purchased in Germany 35 years ago, and the knife on the bottom with the SCREW in the metal strip I know for a fact is a clone, since I purchased it from DHGate.com(Chinese site)about 1 year ago. If you click-on the pic it will expand so you can see it better! 8)
8)
Folgore1

Post by Folgore1 »

there are definetly fake chinese made Hubertus clones , i bought a fake one few years ago at gun/knife show , it was the 7" swinguard model , it looked identical to original which i have had in past , that was ony way i could tell it was fake was Hubertus was spelled Hebectus, most of the fake ones i seen had filework also but when i was at the show i could not believe the low price so i bought it thinking it was real Hubertus but after few days doing research on them i found it was indeed a fake , so the chinese are definetly making fake Hubertus in 7" swinguard model im not sure if the make any other models .

Return to “Hubertus”