Another Hubertus Question

For Collectors & Users of Hubertus Brand Knives
Sidecar

Another Hubertus Question

Post by Sidecar »

Got my first Hubertus knife at a show this weekend, and I'm trying to date it. It's a lever lock, 11 cm closed, with stag handle. It has bottom bolsters, and they are not marked.

3" spear point blade, with fingernail groove. Blade is marked on the groove side with the Hubertus Solingen logo, and "Rostfrei" and "W. Germany". No tang markings. The main differentiation from the others I've seen on line is that the markings do not contain the word "Geschmiedet".

The designation of West Germany presumably indicates that it was made before the wall came down, but that still seems to leave about 40 years of possibility :-).

Any way to narrow it down?

Thanks.
knives-are-quiet

Re: Another Hubertus Question

Post by knives-are-quiet »

Welcome to AAPK.

I've found out posting well taken pictures of the knife you want info on will usually get you a better responce.....

J W
WelderBob
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by WelderBob »

Hubertus used tang stamp's untill around 1972 when they went to blade etch's...dropped the W.Germany after the wall came down.
There may be other ways to narrow down the date's..... ::shrug::...may be someone else can help us out.

BTW
::welcome::
Bob

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth" - Jeff Cooper
Sidecar

Post by Sidecar »

WelderBob,

Thanks for the info! Design persistence and lack of serial numbering would probably make it difficult/impossible to know the exact year, but that narrows it down a bit.

Return to “Hubertus”