Did Queen City. Queen make any knifes that have groves bolsters ?

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
Thomasg

Did Queen City. Queen make any knifes that have groves bolsters ?

Post by Thomasg »

With winter bone scales.
dsutton24

Re: Did Queen City. Queen make any knifes that have groves bolsters ?

Post by dsutton24 »

S&M 042262.png
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sargent’s 7th edition has 73 pages of pictures of Queen City and Queen branded knives, anywhere from 6 to 20 or so knives per page. A few are stamped Schatt & Morgan - there are about half a dozen of those having grooved bolsters, all those I see are 4-1/2 inch English jacks and 5 inch lock backs.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Wow that's a really good question! I first I thought they must have made a ton but after perusing the net the only Queen City winterbottom handled knife I could come up with is this threaded stockman. Everything else has smooth bolsters.
Queen City Winterbottom Knife 3.jpg
Eric

PS - I Ken I must have been typing when you posted, that's good to know! Never thought of looking in Sargent's.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sargent’s isn’t the definitive source - there are knives it doesn’t have. But since there are so few in it having grooved bolsters I’d have to think they were few and far between.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Thomasg

Post by Thomasg »

Thanks for your responses to my post .I only have the copy of Sargents 3rd edition .It has been valuable source of information to me .The section on Queen had several pictures of knifes but what caught my eye was the folding hunter that had grooved bolsters made by Shatt and Morgan the examples of Queen had no grooved bolsters .Also I was able to match my Clauss contact knife to queen #3 pattern .Now that I know Queen city made knifes with grooved bolsters I can’t rule them out as contacting the clauss knife completely .I may never know if the knife was made by Shatt and Morgan or Queen City but the grooved bolsters question was worth a try .
Clauss Fremont
Clauss Fremont

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”