Queen City

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Queen City

Post by ken98k »

According to info I have found, This tang stamp was used from 1922 to 1932. This english jack is stamped 2012 on the pen blade. Was is some sort of commemorative?
Attachments
queen city englsh jack.jpg
queen city englsh jack 2.jpg
queen city englsh jack 3.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen City

Post by QTCut5 »

ken98k wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:07 pm According to info I have found, This tang stamp was used from 1922 to 1932. This english jack is stamped 2012 on the pen blade. Was is some sort of commemorative?
Where's Bruno (bdev) when we need his expertise?

You might also consider asking David Clark (nifbuf) as he is very knowledgeable about all things having to do with Queen Cutlery.
~Q~
robpa

Post by robpa »

Queen City was brought back around 2006, somewhere around there. About when they were making S&M. kind of the beginning of the GEC knives as I recall. If I remeber I will look thru my records. Of course we now have the CHINA stuff with the Queen and QC stamps.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

robpa wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:31 pm Queen City was brought back around 2006, somewhere around there. About when they were making S&M. kind of the beginning of the GEC knives as I recall. If I remeber I will look thru my records. Of course we now have the CHINA stuff with the Queen and QC stamps.
Thanks for the info. ::tu::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I don't know much about them; I bought about four Queen Citys in 2009. They are all gone now.
Queen City001.jpg
robpa

Post by robpa »

best place to look is'queen cut ID guide, tang stamps & etch dating. google that.
They used the old tangs stamps on mark side and stamp on pyle side to help distinguish from old QC knives.Thats from about 2012-2018. from 2013-2017 QC stamps were on the models 203,204,01QC, 06QC,100QC,101QC,19EO,19EOS,32QC,49QC,71QC,71QC. . I have a ton of paperwork and not the time to dig for now. A lot of my research was done right here on the web, and locals who were employed there from sales reps to shop managers and cutlers. bill Howard is a great source but a very busy fella so I cant take up his time. IKnife community has some good stuff.
DanQueencutlerycom

Post by DanQueencutlerycom »

Queen cutlery started using the Queen City tang stamp over again in 1984 with the stag drake Oil well commemorative lockback. Jim Sargent used it in some of his SFO knives, and the Queen Collector Club used in in the early 2000s. Ken Daniels used it in his SFO line of Queen Classics in 2002, and then once Daniels Family bought the company, he used it often and made it a catalog knife in limited numbers - usually 300. This English Jack was made around 2013 but was not cataloged. Here is a link to the cataloged version they did after 2013: https://queencutleryguide.com//wp-conte ... 0-2019.pdf
Dan Lago for
<QueenCutleryguide.com>
bdev

Post by bdev »

I believe that 2012 Queen City English Jack was a SFO for Collectorknives.com. I bought a few from CK and they all had that tang stamp.

bdev is alive and well, just not as active on AAPK as I used to be. :D
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Yeah and I miss you my Queen knife brother. Always enjoy your post. ::handshake::
bdev

Post by bdev »

bighomer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:55 pm Yeah and I miss you my Queen knife brother. Always enjoy your post. ::handshake::
Thanks bighomer.
Had a good time collecting knives and especially enjoyed the members of this forum.
When GEC became overly popular and flippers were buying them to score big profits, I knew the end for me was near.
The nail in the coffin was when Queen went out of business. Collecting Queen knives wasn't enjoyable for me anymore so I sold them off and went back to collecting wristwatches.
I did keep only one Queen and that's a #10 with Winterbottom bone handles. The #10 was always my favorite.
Here's a pic that will surely please the Queen collector. Many of these #10's found there way into AAPK members collections.
queen 10 collection.JPG
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Gorgeous knives. the # 10 is probably my favorite pattern after the congress. Also favor the hunters, thanks for for posting that photo. ::handshake::

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”