3 more for the pile

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

3 more for the pile

Post by treefarmer »

Acquired the #15 and #51 from Ripster and the #11 was result of making an offer on ebay. The two from Ripster are good strong knives but the #11 has a short blade and the tip was standing proud. Ground down the kick to hide the tip and lubed the joint a bit and the walk and talk mysteriously reappeared. :)
007.JPG
While I was piddling with the #11, I came to the conclusion that a Queen #11 Utility EO is not a very practical knife. I say this after noticing the size of the blade in relation to the petite frame. It would be way too easy to try to do more work with the big blade than the small frame could handle. I suppose I like them because they remind me of the Case 61048, the 1st knife I remember buying as a youngster.
There are several #11's in my stash. ::facepalm::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: 3 more for the pile

Post by Colonel26 »

With all those Queens of yours, you'd better watch it or some smart aleck will start calling you a collector! :mrgreen:

Well done!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Wade, I'm afraid I might be on the verge of collecting Queens but I still love my Case 75's! ::nod::
Old Queens in the bottom drawer.
Old Queens in the bottom drawer.
Treefarmer

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:55 am Wade, I'm afraid I might be on the verge of collecting Queens but I still love my Case 75's! ::nod:: 020.JPG
Treefarmer
LOL.

I completely understand. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to my CASE 75's. Especially when there's work to be done, one always finds its way into my pocket. "Train up a child in the way he should go....."
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice collection Philip!!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:55 am Wade, I'm afraid I might be on the verge of collecting Queens but I still love my Case 75's! ::nod:: 020.JPG
Treefarmer
OH my, I'd love to see what's in those other drawers! :D
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
kentucky.2006

Post by kentucky.2006 »

There is something I really like about the color of those Queens. It seems like
it hits on the color wheel just right.

Jan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Philip, those will feel right at home. ::nod::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Nice scores Philip! You usually find some dandies. ::nod::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TPK

Post by TPK »

Nice looking additions Philip! ::nod:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

herbva,
Along with the Queens in the bottom drawer, there is a big drawer for old Camillus knives, there is a drawer with Old Timer/Schrade, Schrade Walden and such, there is a small drawer with Pals hiding in it. The top section that opens first is full of old Case knives. I have a small drawer for special knives that were given to me for special occasions and also bombings. There are 9 compartments in that chest and they are all full of knives. Then there are the Piggly Wiggly bags, cigar boxes and some shelves that are loaded up and some old gal keeps askin' me about needing another knife? ::shrug::

Thank y'all for the kind comments on the 3 old Queens! ::handshake::
Treefarmer

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Three nice additions to your collection Philip! ::tu::
David
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

herbva wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:31 am
Treefarmer
OH my, I'd love to see what's in those other drawers! :D

That's what she said, Herb. 🤭

Awesome Winterbone Queens, tree! ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:07 pm herbva,
Along with the Queens in the bottom drawer, there is a big drawer for old Camillus knives, there is a drawer with Old Timer/Schrade, Schrade Walden and such, there is a small drawer with Pals hiding in it. The top section that opens first is full of old Case knives. I have a small drawer for special knives that were given to me for special occasions and also bombings. There are 9 compartments in that chest and they are all full of knives. Then there are the Piggly Wiggly bags, cigar boxes and some shelves that are loaded up and some old gal keeps askin' me about needing another knife? ::shrug::

Treefarmer
Thanks for the details. That sounds like a wonderful collection! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Man Philip, the hoard is really getting outa hand, time to thin it out a bit... You know where to send em'...

:mrgreen:

Awesome collection you have going, the 3 new ones will be right at home ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:07 pm herbva,

Treefarmer
......I wanna see the CAMILLUS drawer!!!..btw, did the latest hurricane miss you folks???.............. ::tu:: .....
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Hey Tommie! We got a lot of rain from the last storm, 14.4 inches but very little wind. As you know the hurricane in October of 2018 destroyed most of our marketable timber. This one was rather mild compared to the Cat 5 Michael storm. Roads washed out but nothing to bad that we couldn't navigate. Lots of places suffered a lot more than we did because of the storm surge down at the Gulf. We didn't even lose power this time!
Here's a picture of the Camillus drawer. Not as populated as the Queen drawer or the Case drawer but I have learned to enjoy a good Camillus even though I they were not part of my younger days as were the Cases, Queens and Tree Brands (Boker).
006.JPG
The Buck 317 in the upper left hand corner was made by Camillus and there is a new yellow handled 72 in the box in the bottom right. And there are others scattered around in the house, in cigar boxes and Piggly Wiggly bags. :)
Treefarmer

TPK

Post by TPK »

treefarmer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:22 pm Hey Tommie! We got a lot of rain from the last storm, 14.4 inches but very little wind. As you know the hurricane in October of 2018 destroyed most of our marketable timber. This one was rather mild compared to the Cat 5 Michael storm. Roads washed out but nothing to bad that we couldn't navigate. Lots of places suffered a lot more than we did because of the storm surge down at the Gulf. We didn't even lose power this time!
Here's a picture of the Camillus drawer. Not as populated as the Queen drawer or the Case drawer but I have learned to enjoy a good Camillus even though I they were not part of my younger days as were the Cases, Queens and Tree Brands (Boker).
006.JPG
The Buck 317 in the upper left hand corner was made by Camillus and there is a new yellow handled 72 in the box in the bottom right. And there are others scattered around in the house, in cigar boxes and Piggly Wiggly bags. :)
Treefarmer
WOW! Very cool Philip! I can see some really nice looking knives in there! ::nod::
You have a great collection! ::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”