Moore Maker/Queen Trapper

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
cody6268

Moore Maker/Queen Trapper

Post by cody6268 »

I thought I'd show off my first Moore Maker ever, the 5201LL. I still haven't got around to buying the two Bear-made carbon steel lightweight lockbacks I have wanted. Bear quality has improved immensely but still doesn't impress me. Same with Kutmaster/Utica. I don't live in Texas, but I am related to William Barrett Travis.

This comes from a seller who had bought it from the auction. I chose this knife partly due to cost, and secondly due to the locking blade. I paid $46. This will be a user and a work knife. That really big lock release should work great with my gloves. It is carbon steel too and unbeknownst to me, Mini Trapper size. Thus, this is a knife that will likely be seeing my pocket for months to come; and finally upseat my Case Wharncliffe Carhartt Edition in G-10. Feel a bit stupid now, as I just found I could have gotten one for $5 more that still had shiny blades--but a pin crack and "slight wobble on main blade". At least this one I can carry without issue. I've made an offer to see if I can get that other one for the same price as this one, as to have shelf queen (the one I'm getting) and user (this one).

My only worry is quality. Other than staining (I seem to recall reading, these knives set for a LONG while in an uncontrolled environment after the closure), I only fear that it is a goof/second. I don't see anything wrong personally.

s-l1600.jpgMMT1.jpg
s-l1600.jpgMMT2.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Moore Maker/Queen Trapper

Post by treefarmer »

Looks like somebody cleaned the blades and they are discolored where some rust was removed. Cody as a carbon EDC, that just helps hasten the patina. Sharpen her up and use it with pride. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”