Queen ACSB - amber carved stag bone

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
Rotten

Queen ACSB - amber carved stag bone

Post by Rotten »

I got the urge a while back for a folding hunter and while looking around found a Queen ACSB #39. Absolutely beautiful jigged bone and when I saw it was D2 I couldn't order it fast enough.

Did a bit more digging after the hunter arrived and located a #49 stockman ACSB, stockman being my primary focus it's mine now.

So, question. I know these were pre DFC but does anyone know what year they were made? Was it all in one year or was it a series over several years?
Queen ACSB #49 lg stockman & #39 folding hunter both D2 steel
Queen ACSB #49 lg stockman & #39 folding hunter both D2 steel
Trace
Doc B

Re: Queen ACSB - amber carved stag bone

Post by Doc B »

I don't have your answer...but those have beautiful handles! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Those are indeed gorgeous!

I have a Railsplitter in ACSB that was made around 2014 during the DFC era. Something tells me that you have one too, Trace but I might be thinking of someone else.

I'm only making an assumption but it seems logical that if ACSB was still being used in the DFC era and your knives are common Queen patterns made before then, those patterns were likely made for several years in ACSB.
Attachments
IMG_4743.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Doc B wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:51 pm I don't have your answer...but those have beautiful handles! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you DocB, my photography skills really do not do them justice.
Trace
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Railsplitter wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:06 am Those are indeed gorgeous!

I have a Railsplitter in ACSB that was made around 2014 during the DFC era. Something tells me that you have one too, Trace but I might be thinking of someone else.

I'm only making an assumption but it seems logical that if ACSB was still being used in the DFC era and your knives are common Queen patterns made before then, those patterns were likely made for several years in ACSB.
That is a beauty RS thanks for sharing it. I saw somewhere online that at least one of the ACSB knives was available in 2007. So after seeing yours I can see they were both before and after DFC.

Sadly I don't have one but I would snatch up a railsplitter ACSB in a heart beat. It would look nice next to my rams horn, premiere and S&M stag.
Trace
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Rotten,
Mighty fine, I love both patterns, the #39 and the #49. Beautiful bone!
My avatar shows 2 #49s both are the Winterbottom bone with '58-'60 stamps, one rides in the pocket pretty regularly and the other sits at home and waits. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

treefarmer wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 am Rotten,
Mighty fine, I love both patterns, the #39 and the #49. Beautiful bone!
My avatar shows 2 #49s both are the Winterbottom bone with '58-'60 stamps, one rides in the pocket pretty regularly and the other sits at home and waits. :)
Treefarmer
I only have the one folding hunter and just glad I found the #39. I'd love to see some beauty shots of your #49s in the 'Who doesn't like stockman knives!' thread under General Knife Discussion. I'd link it but it's a pain on my phone.
Trace
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Rotten wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 pm I got the urge a while back for a folding hunter and while looking around found a Queen ACSB #39. Absolutely beautiful jigged bone and when I saw it was D2 I couldn't order it fast enough.

Did a bit more digging after the hunter arrived and located a #49 stockman ACSB, stockman being my primary focus it's mine now.

So, question. I know these were pre DFC but does anyone know what year they were made? Was it all in one year or was it a series over several years?

20191009_175115_HDR.jpg
...next to the old rogers bone, this would be my #2 pick!!!....... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
bdev

Post by bdev »

I remember seeing these knives for sale around 2011 but they were not made all in one year. I bought quite a few before DFC. Probably started around 2009 (or earlier) if I remember correctly.
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”