#62 Queen

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: #62 Queen

Post by peanut740 »

Good to see you posting David. ::handshake::
Roger
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

peanut740 wrote:Good to see you posting David. ::handshake::
Ditto Peanuts remarks a world of Knowledge on Queen & Schatt & Morgan . ::tu:: ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

treefarmer wrote:QS, it is listed on a Queen chart, that I have, as a "Large easy open", 5.25 inches. It has a spay blade and the #53 is called a "Citrus Fruit" ::hmm:: The 53s are 4 3/4" with a spear point blade. I have not handled one like this before.

Bruno, the sharpening marks on both sides make it appear the blade is hollow ground and the one that tried to sharpen it laid it flat on some type of abrasive. ::shrug:: The blade doesn't appear to be hollow ground by putting a straight edge across the width of the blade, however it might be. Here's a couple of pictures of what I'm trying to say:004.JPG009.JPG
Notice the edge and the top of the blade has similar abrasive marks and the pattern changes at the nail nick.
Treefarmer
What someone did to that blade makes me feel a little sick in my stomach. It looks as though they tried either a belt sander or drug it across a piece of sandpaper trying to change the profile. Put this in the category of “what the ——- were you thinking?”
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”