Queen Cutlery "Irish Spring", any info?

The Queen Cutlery Company has been manufacturing knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for over 100 years. The company opened its factory in 1902 and continues to produce knives in the same way now as they did in their earliest years.
petey20

Queen Cutlery "Irish Spring", any info?

Postby petey20 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:30 am

Can't seem to find out any information on the Queen Cutlery Single blade "Irish Spring" etched knife, the tang stamp should date it 73-75. Did queen name the knife, irish spring, sure looks like the irish spring brand to me? Thanks in advance for any information.

is3.jpg

IMG_20181214_192350148.jpg

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen Cutlery "Irish Spring", any info?

Postby treefarmer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:11 am

This might explain your knife: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1838189939
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Greenman

Postby Greenman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:44 am

treefarmer wrote:This might explain your knife: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1838189939
Treefarmer

Gotta love the seller’s description of the knife. Their “beautiful mint stag handle” would appear to be Winterbottom bone—and fake (Delrin) Winterbottom bone at that?!? ::facepalm::
Josh

/|\

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." ― Albert Einstein
"You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts."
— Daniel Patrick Moynihan

knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby knifeaholic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:45 am

petey20 wrote:Can't seem to find out any information on the Queen Cutlery Single blade "Irish Spring" etched knife, the tang stamp should date it 73-75. Did queen name the knife, irish spring, sure looks like the irish spring brand to me? Thanks in advance for any information.

is3.jpg
IMG_20181214_192350148.jpg

As far as I recall, that was a promotional knife made by Queen for Irish Spring soap. I do not know the details as to how they were given out. Simil;ar to the "Prince Albert" Schrade knives.

Makes some sense - if you are old enough you can recall the Irish Spring commercials where the guy would pull out a pocketknife and cut a bar of the Irish Spring soap in half - then a closeup shot to show the special ingredients in the soap.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide second edition released November, 2015.

Visit My AAPK Store:

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/knifeaholic

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”