Is this a Queen?

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
bdev

Re: Is this a Queen?

Post by bdev »

I believe you're right Charlie. Made by Queen.
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

bdev wrote:I believe you're right Charlie. Made by Queen.
Bruno, I checked with SMKW, where I purchased the Col. Coon canoes a few years back, and the lady I spoke to confirmed that they were made by Queen. She told me that the Colonel Coon knives currently offered in their catalog are made in the USA but she wasn't sure who makes them. Any ideas? Bear & Son maybe?

Below is a Robeson canoe and there is no doubt that it was made by Queen....it has the Queen tang stamp on the back side of the master blade.
Attachments
Robeson Sure-edge Carved Stag Bone #64 Canoe 2004.JPG
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
bdev

Post by bdev »

Could be Bear & Son or even Utica. I'm sure someone here on the forum knows. Why don't you post a question on the Col Coon forum?
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

bdev wrote:Could be Bear & Son or even Utica. I'm sure someone here on the forum knows. Why don't you post a question on the Col Coon forum?
If I recall, I posted something similar here after seeing some on eBay and I think it was believed to be Bear.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

cody6268 wrote:
bdev wrote:Could be Bear & Son or even Utica. I'm sure someone here on the forum knows. Why don't you post a question on the Col Coon forum?
If I recall, I posted something similar here after seeing some on eBay and I think it was believed to be Bear.
I've had some varied levels of quality with Bear MGC/Bear & Son products. There is no doubt that they are capable of making some fine knives yet I have some that should never have gotten past the QC department. I believe the Keen Kutter canoes that I have were made by Bear and they are not very well made. I also have a Moore Maker liner lock that was made by Bear that is as fine a knife as you'd ever want. Go figure....

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty if these knives were made by Queen for Ka-Bar? I contacted Ka-Bar and the best they could tell me was that it might be Blue Grass Cutlery, Camillus, or Queen. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Ka-Bar MOP.jpg
Stag Ka-Bar 1.jpg
Stag Ka-Bar Bar Shield.JPG

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”