2007 Stag Moore Maker

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
kootenay joe

2007 Stag Moore Maker

Post by kootenay joe »

This is one of my favorite knives which i bought from the 'boys' in Matador Texas in 2007. It is a 4 1/2" Jumbo Trapper with a liner lock master blade and flush & square joints.
I always have assumed that Queen made this knife as back then the common belief was : natural handles = made by Queen; synthetic handles = made by Camillus. However i cannot recall any other Queen knife with flush & square joints.
GEC was up and running in 2007 and were making their #23 which is 4 1/2" with flush & square joints.
Is this a Queen made knife ?
kj
Attachments
IMGP3910.JPG
IMGP3911.JPG
IMGP3913.JPG
IMGP3914.JPG
IMGP3912.JPG
IMGP3915.JPG
IMGP3916.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2007 Stag Moore Maker

Post by edge213 »

I don't know for sure the answer, but it looks like a GEC.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Interesting you posted this today. Mine just arrived yesterday. Bought it used, it's a 2016. Looks very similar to yours except for the shape of the liner lock. I'm fairly certain mine was made by Queen or Bear & Sons. Curious to know who made yours.

_________
Mike
Attachments
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1956.JPG
IMG_1957.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG
IMG_1954.JPG
IMG_1955.JPG
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great looking knives, especially like the liner lock profile
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Those both look about as Geccy as they gec (I mean get).
bdev

Post by bdev »

I would guess GEC. Just doesn't look like a Queen to me.

Here's a pic of a GEC 23. The blade's a bit different but the pattern is dead on.

[The extension gif has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

GEC's website gives Yearly Production Totals, and Releases by Pattern and Releases by Year but SFO's and contract work are not included.
Although my 2007 MM Jumbo Trapper frame looks like GEC, there has never been anything i have read linking Moore Maker to GEC in 2007, or maybe any year ?
Is there a Queen expert who can definitely say: Not a Queen pattern ?
It really is a 'nice' knife, one that i instantly loved and now 11 years later still feel the same enjoyment. If it turns out to be a GEC knife i suspect it's monetary value is somewhat higher.
kj
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

It does whisper "G.E.C." to me, too....regardless of who made it, that fat stag makes for a very nice looking knife. And ain't nothing wrong with that yaller knife, either (leaning toward Bear & Son on that one)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I'm not speculating about the lineage of the knife. However just remember that MooreMaker owns the tooling and proprietary rights to some patterns they sell. Regardless who makes the knife. Therefore some MooreMaker knives are unique to them only.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Ken, that changes 'everything. There is no need to try to match a Moore Maker knife to a manufacturers pattern. This puts us back to Queen likely having made this 2007 Moore Maker Jumbo Trapper.
kj

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”