Queen 06L Teardrop Birdseye Maple

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
bdev

Queen 06L Teardrop Birdseye Maple

Post by bdev »

Here's one from the Birdseye Maple series (BEM). A 06L Teardrop with linerlock. This pattern is one of my favorites from Queen. The single blade teardrop fits perfectly in the hand and the thin blade (D2 steel) is a winner. I'm not to keen on BEM but it's a nice hard wood that will hold up. Feels great in the hand. I only wish Queen would have offered the same knife without the linerlock option.
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen 06L Teardrop Birdseye Maple

Post by Railsplitter »

I've always admired the Birdseye Maple handled Queens. I think it's a great looking handle material. I might have to get an 06L one of these days. I've looked at them countless times but never pulled the trigger.

Very nice looking knife in my opinion.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen 06L Teardrop Birdseye Maple

Post by treefarmer »

Comment on the Birds Eye Maple handles:
One of the knives I got for Christmas a couple of years ago had BEM handles and It didn't really ring my bell. I always appreciate a new or used knife as a gift, but the handles always looks like it has a film/haze or something on them. Almost reminds me of some of my old Case EDCs with Delrin handles, when they oxidize. Maybe a little wax or polish might bring the grain to life. ::hmm:: I have seen some BEM rifle stocks that were gorgeous, don't know what's going on with these Queen handles?
2015 007.JPG
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”