Queen #2 Pickup

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Queen #2 Pickup

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I just received this 1961-71 Queen #2 in Winterbottom synthetic. It has a blade etch (it is faint and did not show in the picture, but it is there) that says "Queen Steel #2", and there is no tang stamp. Here ya go Bruno! :D
IMG_20180214_200721.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
bdev

Re: Queen #2 Pickup

Post by bdev »

Thanks.
Here are the two that I have.
The first has a "Q" ueen tang stamp with the long tail which puts it around 1973-75. Its blade is etched.
The second has a "Q" ueen stamp with a crown above the Q. I'm guessing this stamp was used circa 1971 and then transitioned to the long tail stamp. It might have had a blade etch but if it did, it's long gone.
Both have delrin handles.
You'll notice that the pin sizes are different.

If anybody has this pattern, please post what you have so we can compare them. Thanks.
Queen 2 pattern (2).JPG
Queen 2 pattern (1).JPG
queen long tail stamp.jpg
Q ueen stamp.jpg
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”