Turquoise serpentine jack ?!?

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
PaFolders87

Turquoise serpentine jack ?!?

Post by PaFolders87 »

This is an oddity i picked up recently made with real chipped turquoise. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this knife. It was well done, but I don’t believe from the factory. Thoughts and information welcome.
D5CDBE0D-6BB8-44D5-B83B-4B0D42B67DD8.jpeg
Ron

:roll:
dweb1897

Re: Turquoise serpentine jack ?!?

Post by dweb1897 »

I've never seen one of those but sure do like it. What a great find ::tu::
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Wow I agree very nice Queen! I like the turquoise handles but I agree probably not factory. They sure are pretty though. Thank you for sharing it here. ::tu::
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Not one of queens better ideas imho awfully easy to chip.
Attachments
20171129_071046.jpg
PaFolders87

Post by PaFolders87 »

bighomer wrote:Not one of queens better ideas imho awfully easy to chip.
So it was done by queens? I was looking through their handles that year and couldn’t find it on any model. That’s def the same thing there tho.
Ron

:roll:
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

PaFolders87 wrote:
bighomer wrote:Not one of queens better ideas imho awfully easy to chip.
So it was done by queens? I was looking through their handles that year and couldn’t find it on any model. That’s def the same thing there tho.
I guess it was, their historical catalogs skip '79 and it may have been a one and done, they collaborate with several custom designers and it could be one of them but I would think it would be signed in some way. ::shrug:: ps ::welcome:: to AAPK.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”