Queen City Baseball bat shape Knife

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
Hope

Queen City Baseball bat shape Knife

Post by Hope »

I have a queen city knife shaped like a baseball bat. Single blade. The tang stamp is "About 1922 to 1942". I cant find a picture of the knife anywhere online. Has anyone have any information on this, or ever seen one. ::shrug::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen City Baseball bat shape Knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Knives made to resemble objects such as cars, airplanes, ships, fish, baseball bats, keys, and so on, are commonly grouped together in a category call "figural knives". They were typically not very expensive and were souvenirs and/or had advertising printed on the handles. Here's a link to an AAPK thread that has some figural knifes including baseball bat knives. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26057&hilit=Figural&start=15

Although I don't recall seeing a Queen made in the shape of a baseball bat, I have seen several made by other companies. They come up for sale on eBay fairly often so if you're looking for a value on your knife, eBay completed sales is a good resource.

Welcome to AAPK! We like pictures here so if you can please post a picture of your knife. I'd like to see it. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”